Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250999 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #720 on: March 11, 2013, 07:57:45 pm »
I have spent the last few weeks trying to resist the large garden gnomes for sale in Asda, they have been selling quickly! I was resisting well but when I got home look what was in the back seat!  :o :laugh:

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #721 on: March 11, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »
 I could have resisted a little longer...say for about another 40 years. &shake&  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #722 on: March 11, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »
I can't be the only forum member who has bought one  :laugh:  confess, who else has one?  ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #723 on: March 11, 2013, 08:22:37 pm »
 I think you can get them free on the national elf service....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #724 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:33 pm »
I could have resisted a little longer...say for about another 40 years. &shake&  :laugh:

I could have made it 50 ! _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #725 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37:50 pm »
I've got an home, so I don't need another!    :D

How many gnomes do you need to paint a wall?
It depends on how hard you throw them!   _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: March 21, 2013, 11:31:06 am »
This attraction is opening at Penrhyn Quarry this weekend:
http://www.zipworld.co.uk/

A one mile long zip wire, at 500ft above ground level, travelling at up to 75mph. Costs £50.

Who's up for a go on it?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #727 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:51 pm »
I would like to see the quarry, I was last there about 40 years ago, no way would I go on the zip wire!  :o

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #728 on: April 22, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »
   Rant time, again.
   I have been visiting Barclays Bank for 78 years, since my Dad took me as a 4 year old guard to Saundersfoot sub branch where he was working. So I reckon I know something about the firm.
   So you can imagine my surprise in its Llandudno branch. I go in to pay a bit of cash into my account.Look around the banking hall for a paying in slip. No sign. I look everywhere. So in the end I join the long queue for a cashier.
  Me: You won't believe this but, I cannot find any paying  in slips anywhere. Cashier: No. We don't use them any more. Me: Well how do I put this cash into my account?
  Cashier: You just tell me your name and I put it straight into your account on my --- pointing, computer.
   Me: But I haven't sorted it out and I was going to use the shoot for paying in to save a wait.
   Cashier: Oh, well in that case just put your name on the envelope and make sure to check your statement when you get it (me IF you get it)

To me this means "If we make a mess of it, its up to you to tell us, otherwise hard cheese."

I couldn't believe my eyes and ears, and I told her so.

What do you all think of this? There is at least one other ex barclays staff on this forum apart from me. Id like to know what he thinks.   Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: April 29, 2013, 08:01:36 pm »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dwyforite

« Reply #730 on: April 29, 2013, 11:26:44 pm »
something different,something very funny

Offline Ajllandudno

« Reply #731 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:36 am »
With regards Barclays my friend paid a large sum of money in to there account and its still not in there this was 3 weeks ago, they were told there would be an internal investigation over the matter & for the short term they were given a credit until the investigation was sorted out.. I couldn't tell if the issue has been resolved however I for one wouldn't  be banking with them.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #732 on: April 30, 2013, 12:48:58 am »
With regards Barclays my friend paid a large sum of money in to there account and its still not in there this was 3 weeks ago, they were told there would be an internal investigation over the matter & for the short term they were given a credit until the investigation was sorted out.. I couldn't tell if the issue has been resolved however I for one wouldn't  be banking with them.

Every time I pay into the bank, I keep the receipt, and there is no problem... ever in my life.
So, how can there be a problem?   there must be records, even CCTV of the person making the deposit.

Something smells funny here..... it smells as bad as an old man's armpit.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #733 on: April 30, 2013, 07:48:13 pm »
now i know why you sell perfumed soap, not many go around smelling old men,s arm pits though.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #734 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »

now i know why you sell perfumed soap, not many go around smelling old men,s arm pits though.

L0L