Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250982 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #360 on: May 21, 2011, 05:09:49 pm »
I was doing a boot sale in Bangor earlier today, on the table was a pair of glasses that had binocular lenses  (probably used for craft etc) I was bored and so thought I'd try them on, as I adjusted the lenses I looked up and saw a fella looking straight at me, feeling a bit stupid I took them off "what are they" he asked "Magnifying glasses" I replied "I've never seen them before" he said as I handed them over for him to have a closer look, he bought them and jokingly he said "of course I only want them so I can see my bits" he looked down at his pants and I said without thinking "Maybe you should give them the wife then"   :o I don't think he was overly impressed.  I must learn to keep my mouth shut around people who don't know me  :-X

Saying that I'm still giggling now  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »
OOPs ! :-[
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: May 21, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2011, 02:21:58 am »
 :laugh:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2011, 05:19:36 pm »
Its a hard life being a petrol retailer. Prices up and down every day, government knocks off 1p but the wholesale price goes up 1p etc etc  However, in Llandudno today, one site. Head south and the diesel price is £1-39.9. Drive past heading north and its £141.9. So make sure you drive in the cheaper entrance (or go elsewhere!!)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2011, 01:37:40 am »
I had to choose where to post this, and it wasn't an easy choice.
I was deliberating between this topic,  or 'whats Llandudno like right now'. or local pubs, or even wrestling!  ..and  here's why.

Tonight Mrs Fester and I, met Dave R and Mr & Mrs Merddin Emrys.... to have a little celebratory booze up in the FatCat bar, Upper Mostyn Street. 
We were celebrating a rather nice little pay-off from a snippet of investment advice from a certain 'investment guru' D)
Did I hear someone say Betboo??

Anyhow, we had a great time, and a great nosh up... but the drink inevitably took its toll.
The food was great, the cocktails were excellent,and the company was top notch...but then...
Dave and I started discussing our penchant for British and American wrestling from the past... and  we remenisced about great characters and bouts from recent years.
As we left the FatCat after several alcoholic libations, I was attacked by a sneaky 'handbag' to the head.... which sent me to the floor,
No...It wasn't Dave R... but the lovely and unassuming Helen....(Mrs Merddin Emrys)
But as I wallowed on the pavement,  a boot to the ribs was administered by the evil Dave R... OOOOOH... luckily it was all in fun.
Mrs Fester and Merddin Emrys himself looked on indignantly as this (entirely rigged) assault took place.

The assailants left us, (after a goodnight hug) .. and Mrs F and myself were contemplating going directly home..
But then she noticed that The Fountains Bar was rocking with the sound of their inaugural 'gay night'
We wandered in there... had a good half hour or so....lots going on,   BUT... I was VERY surprised to see how many people I knew were in there, and fell over themselves to tell me about their lifestyle,  ''didn't you know?'' was a common question.

Well, in most cases, no...I didn't.... but neither was it my business... and neither will it change my attitude and friendship to them. Why would it?
The Fountains was really busy, and thats good to see.
BUT....HELEN, (Mrs Merddin Mrs Emrys) ... the handbag was a cheap-shot.... and I'm gonna getcha next time.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2011, 10:19:21 am »
Yes what a great night that was  Z**  Er indoors has a good aim with the handbag  L0L  I was a bit worried if the cctv would see you being knocked down (only pretend  :laugh:) several times (not knowing that you can act so very well!) but so far the old bill's not been in touch!  ZXZ   (no Festers were harmed in the making of an excellent evening out!)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2011, 08:09:39 pm »
Yes what a great night that was  Z**  Er indoors has a good aim with the handbag  L0L  I was a bit worried if the cctv would see you being knocked down (only pretend  :laugh:) several times (not knowing that you can act so very well!) but so far the old bill's not been in touch!  ZXZ   (no Festers were harmed in the making of an excellent evening out!)

L0L L0L    Correct... only perhaps my liver.  ZXZ
Fester...

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2011, 08:50:34 pm »
Fester---I cannot help but notice that you posted this entry at half past one in the middle of the night!!! After all the merrymaking.  What are you, one of those lucky (or maybe unfortunate) people who dont need much sleep? Me, on the fortunately rare occasions I visit a Doctor I often start by saying (to lighten the atmosphere) I've got a sleep problem. Watch the Doctors face drop until I say "I crash out within 10 seconds of my head on the pillow and I need anything up to 10 hours.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »
No Mike, I felt like 'Death warmed up'' this morning.... and hangovers are a problem which last longer as I get older.

I do stay up late at night, (frightened of missing something, some might say) ... but I am always very tired in the morning, and I would sleep til lunchtime if it wasn't for work.

Fester...

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2011, 10:15:06 pm »
Same here Fester, I've always been a night owl  8)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2011, 04:48:06 pm »
I'm just the opposite-- dead on my feet by 11pm and I need at least 2 cups of horrendously strong coffee :o before anyone gets any breakfast.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2011, 06:45:03 pm »
I obviously missed something exciting whilst I was away on my sunshine cruise for 2 weeks!    Good news from the Lottery when I arrived home today - £30 in the kitty!   D)

I hope everyone one has been good whilst I have been off the scene.   I'll get down to reading all the posts when I've caught up with all the essentials at home.    ;)   It's nice to be back although I'm still walking on my "sea" legs which should cure in a day or so.    :laugh:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »
I obviously missed something exciting whilst I was away on my sunshine cruise for 2 weeks!    Good news from the Lottery when I arrived home today - £30 in the kitty!   D)

I hope everyone one has been good whilst I have been off the scene.   I'll get down to reading all the posts when I've caught up with all the essentials at home.    ;)   It's nice to be back although I'm still walking on my "sea" legs which should cure in a day or so.    :laugh:

Welcome back.  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2011, 07:36:03 pm »
We went to a classic car show at Prestatyn today, which was great and we saw this vehicle

the name on the door seems familiar somehow  L0L

and look on the registration plate!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas