Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250968 times)

gwil

Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2011, 06:41:17 pm »
Welcome to the forum Roumanian, don't worry about  the effect Yorkie's posts have on other forum members, I've always found them interesting and have never  felt insulted by anything he has said, and I'm sure others feel the same  $good$

Thanks Sue. Rest assured such things don't worry me unduly. Probably not the best start I suppose, dissing the 'national treasure'  ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2011, 10:16:04 am »
Roumanian...

Welcome to the Forum,...BUT.

I have a feeling that you are not NEW to the Forum,  a recent ''leaver'' perchance, .. under a different guise.

Also, why would you think its necessary to announce yourself and say ''I'll be controversial''  .... a little insecure are we?

Just BE controversial if you like,  join in, and se how it goes...and one of three things will happen, either;
1,  You'll get a lively debate going.
2,  You'll get 'moderated' into submission
3,  You'll get someone's back up, ...as there are quite a few on here who are well capable of 'looking after themselves'

The ones that I would avoid picking an online fight with, are Pendragon, Nemesis and Trojan...to name but a few.

Now, lets get to it!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:01 am »
No-one with a well constructed argument will be moderated, however controversial, as long as it is in accordance with the Forum T&Cs.  >>>

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2011, 10:55:10 am »
Controversy is actually encouraged, Fester, and we reserve moderation as an extreme and last resort.  
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2011, 11:11:57 am »
Fester I am of exactly the same opinion Mr Man.  As soon as I read the posts directed at Yorkie my shackles were up.  Sorry Dave and Ian but sometimes you can just tell when somebody is a bit shady.  I can't believe that Yorkie has cancelled his account, he was controversial at times but unlike this member he was also informative, witty and intelligent, I will miss and I'm sure others will too. 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2011, 12:28:28 pm »
The thing about being 'controversial' is that you must be ready to accept criticism as well as dish it out. Isn't that fair to say?

gwil

« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2011, 12:31:44 pm »
Roumanian...

Welcome to the Forum,...BUT.

I have a feeling that you are not NEW to the Forum,  a recent ''leaver'' perchance, .. under a different guise.

Also, why would you think its necessary to announce yourself and say ''I'll be controversial''  .... a little insecure are we?

Just BE controversial if you like,  join in, and se how it goes...and one of three things will happen, either;
1,  You'll get a lively debate going.
2,  You'll get 'moderated' into submission
3,  You'll get someone's back up, ...as there are quite a few on here who are well capable of 'looking after themselves'

The ones that I would avoid picking an online fight with, are Pendragon, Nemesis and Trojan...to name but a few.

Now, lets get to it!

Fester

I am honoured! Greeted twice by the same person.  $thanx$

To answer your points.

Attempts at pschycobabbling in terms of being  'insecure' etc go right over my head. Nice try though but only 2 out of 10.

No I'm not a resurgent ex-forumite.

1. Probably, but at the moment I can't see many topics where there's opportunity to differ and generate a 'debate'. Purely in the interest of creating..well.. interest you understand.

2. Not a lot I can say here as I see your apparent self imposed role as forum enforcer  has been jumped on from a great height in subsequent posts. You'll cope I'm sure.  ££$

3. Direct hit on day one! Hope he comes back. Maybe he'll see that NWWN billboard headline when out shopping.

Thanks for naming the 'hard' boys in this school. Can I   in the interest of education point out to you that there are many many other schools though...Oh I'm sure we'll get on.
Regards

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »
Attempts at pschycobabbling in terms of being  'insecure' etc go right over my head. Nice try though but only 2 out of 10.

I'm sure I know you - but not from this forum...  [Sherlock deerstalker deployed]
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

gwil

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2011, 12:44:45 pm »
Fester I am of exactly the same opinion Mr Man.  As soon as I read the posts directed at Yorkie my shackles were up.  Sorry Dave and Ian but sometimes you can just tell when somebody is a bit shady.  I can't believe that Yorkie has cancelled his account, he was controversial at times but unlike this member he was also informative, witty and intelligent, I will miss and I'm sure others will too. 

A bit shady eh. Pendragon. I'll make good use of this smilie  8) then!

I'm as sorry that your shackles were up. I see though that they were not up enough to challenge my stance re Yorkies absurd assertion that motorists should get out of the way of all ambulances.

So Yorkie was contoversial at times, informative, witty and intelligent. You deduced this from 3000 posts. I think I've attained one if not two of these valuable traits in my meager <10 posts Hopefully I'll earn the other two in future posts. I like fitting in!
Don't worry. He'll be back.
Regards

gwil

« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »
Attempts at pschycobabbling in terms of being  'insecure' etc go right over my head. Nice try though but only 2 out of 10.

I'm sure I know you - but not from this forum...  [Sherlock deerstalker deployed]

Every chance that you do Ian, every chance.  ;D

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2011, 12:48:30 pm »
 _))* are for real Roumanian. You don't want a debate you want to rile people,

I can't see many topics where there's opportunity to differ and generate a 'debate'
That's quite simply because people like you aren't members on this forum.

Not a lot I can say here as I see your apparent self imposed role as forum enforcer  has been jumped on from a great height in subsequent posts. You'll cope I'm sure. 

Trying to belittle one of the most popular members on this forum is going to make you very unpopular...which I feel is a position you are used to.

Direct hit on day one!
I'm sure your very proud, I for one am already bored with your pointless, uninteresting, obnoxous attitude to the forum and its members, lets face it, if no one joins in your little rants you'l be left high and dry again. Way to go lad. 

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2011, 12:51:17 pm »
I see though that they were not up enough to challenge my stance re Yorkie

Fortunately for you I wasn't on line pal!

gwil

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
Good grief Pendragon you are easily upset when your cosy little world is invaded aren't you! Fester better reassess his list of those 'capable of looking after themselves'

Regards

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »
I rest my case  D)

gwil

« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2011, 12:56:39 pm »
I see though that they were not up enough to challenge my stance re Yorkie

Fortunately for you I wasn't on line pal!

You've been online since. Do I need to reach a certain level of posts to see ALL postings cos I can't see yours on that thread.

Regards.

PS. Putting 'pal' at the end doesn't impress.

edit: clarification