Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 40404 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Oscar
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:29 am »
Oscar's activities have not stopped, but are being continued by others to the annoyance of some users of the Social media sites.  Some folk just do not know when to call it a day!
 :rage:
I read this post twice, but still couldn't make head nor tail of it? Perhaps you could post some links so we can see what you are on about?  ???

In a nut shell, what I am saying is that some people are still being pestered by trolls, and the "Oscar" tag is still rearing its head.  "Social media" = Twitter etc.  "Others " = anonymous individuals. 

Obviously not Oscar as we know him but others making use of present interest in the subject.

Can't post links as I haven't saved any and am just unfollowing or unfriending the individuals as appropriate.

Next time I'll try writing in proper English like what I was taught.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2014, 11:43:57 am »
Oscar's activities have not stopped, but are being continued by others to the annoyance of some users of the Social media sites.  Some folk just do not know when to call it a day!
I read this post twice, but still couldn't make head nor tail of it? Perhaps you could post some links so we can see what you are on about?  ???

In a nut shell, what I am saying is that some people are still being pestered by trolls, and the "Oscar" tag is still rearing its head.  "Social media" = Twitter etc.  "Others " = anonymous individuals. 

Obviously not Oscar as we know him but others making use of present interest in the subject.

Can't post links as I haven't saved any and am just unfollowing or unfriending the individuals as appropriate.

If I'm reading your posts correctly what you really mean is that YOU are being pestered by Oscar supporters. As one of his biggest critics who has made out you are taking legal action against him I guess that comes with the territory. I think you would have been better off just doing it without posting anything on sites such as this and drawing attention to yourself on the matter to be honest.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2014, 12:48:58 pm »

If I'm reading your posts correctly what you really mean is that YOU are being pestered by Oscar supporters. As one of his biggest critics who has made out you are taking legal action against him I guess that comes with the territory. I think you would have been better off just doing it without posting anything on sites such as this and drawing attention to yourself on the matter to be honest.

Actually Mr SDQ, it IS NOT me who is being pestered, but I see it happenning to others.  Have I said I am taking LEGAL ACTION against HIM?   Please remind me!
There are apparently a number of people affected as is evidenced from comments on the Internet.
I shall say no more on this subject, as it is fairly obvious a topic to be avoided.
Please will admin remove all my posts on this thread.  Thank you.

SDQ, You are yourself somewhat of a critic, so maybe it would do you good to look in the mirror once in a while.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 11:00:52 am »
RefDPblog7.29am
An action group has been formed in the aftermath of the defunct Thoughts of Oscar blog. More in today's Daily Post.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 03:47:39 pm »
Alleged victims of Thoughts of Oscar blog call for 'justice'

Alleged victims of a controversial blog have joined forces to call for "justice".

About 25 people have formed the action group Victims of Oscar (VOO) following comments made on the Thoughts of Oscar blog over a number of years.

Six complaints have been made to police about the blog since 2009 but North Wales Police initially decided they did not amount to any criminal offence.

But last month Aberconwy’s Conservative MP Guto Bebb used Parliamentary privilege to claim Llandudno newsagent Nigel Roberts of Gloddaeth Street was behind “a rather vicious and nasty local blog” with up to two other people.

One of them, Llandudno solicitor Dylan Moore, a business associate of Clwyd West MP and  former Welsh Secretary David Jones, strongly denied involvement and Mr Bebb later apologised for wrongly naming him.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/alleged-victims-thoughts-oscar-blog-7922359

Members of action group of alleged Victims Of Oscar (VOO). They are (back row from left) Dave Maratos, Richie Windmill, Mick Creamer, Gemma Parisella, Ellen Windmill, plus (front from left) Lynda Smith, Carrie Parisella and Anna Parisella.  Ref DP blog. (With photo)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2014, 11:24:54 am »
New North Wales 'Victims' of Oscar group want 'justice'

The newly formed Victims of Oscar action group, which originally formed with six members with more “still coming out of the woodwork”, claim to have compelling evidence of defamation and derogatory statements made by the now defunct Thoughts of Oscar blog,
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/139482/new-north-wales-victims-of-oscar-group-want-justice-.aspx

Offline alw

Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
Just hope that no Beanies were injured!   :D
Cicero

Offline SteveH

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »
Police watchdog to investigate complaints about North Wales force's 'lack of action' over Thoughts of Oscar blog
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/police-watchdog-investigate-complaints-north-8000967

Offline pojo

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 08:59:04 pm »

To Ensure That All Police Authorities Take The Complaints Of Internet Harassment Seriously

Responsible department: Home Office

Victims Of Oscar would like the Home Office to investigate why North Wales Police between 2007-2014 did not take any complaints brought to their attention regarding the Thoughts Of Oscar blog seriously and to ensure that all UK police authorities are taking complaints of 'Trolling' or internet harassment seriously.

In 2009 the National Policing Improvement Agency issued to all Chief Inspectors practice advice on 'Investigating Stalking And Harassment'.

There is strong evidence to suggest that North Wales Police did not investigate complaints of internet harassment despite knowing who the authors of the vicious internet blog Thoughts Of Oscar are.

Which is contrary to the advice given to the victims.

Please refer to the statement read out in Parliament by Guto Bebb MP on September 9th 2014.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/71495

Offline Dave

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 09:57:50 pm »

So who is Pojo ! Seems like the offspring of Guto.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:49:18 am by Ian »

Offline Dave

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
Seem to have hit the wrong button on the last post !
Pojo ...who are you to appear from nowhere?
Guto Bebb should have more on his mind than to worry about criticism from an anonymous poster such was Oscar.
The police I presume have more important things than your reputation to protect and to be honest, I voted for you last time but now..forget it !

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2014, 07:54:21 am »
Things are changing, Dave, and victims of attacks made through blogs are seeking and getting restitution. The women who were attacked, such as Mary Beard, have led the way and I suspect we can not only anticipate much firmer action being taken by the Police when complaints are made but also legislation which will further curb the activities of bloggers. It's also a very tricky path to tread, since the right of free speech and legitimate criticism must be preserved.  In Oscar's case it was the comments he allowed through that might prove the most tricky issue. Blog and forum owners can be held responsible in law for publishing defamatory remarks, whether or not they actually penned them.

Pojo is not Guto Bebb but, in any case the precise identity of any forum user is unimportant unless or until they choose to abuse the privilege of posting in here. And even if Pojo has never been a forum member previously (which they have - for more than three years), they have a perfect right to discuss this matter in here, as we are - after all - the three towns forum  8)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2014, 10:00:33 am »
I looked at that group photo of 'Victims of Oscar' and saw several convicted criminals. One can well understand why they would not wish their activities to be highlighted, but they should have perhaps considered that more fully before committing the crimes.  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2014, 10:02:20 am »
Seem to have hit the wrong button on the last post !
Pojo ...who are you to appear from nowhere?
Guto Bebb should have more on his mind than to worry about criticism from an anonymous poster such was Oscar.
The police I presume have more important things than your reputation to protect and to be honest, I voted for you last time but now..forget it !

From some other people's perspective, it could be suggested that you were in favour of Internet Trolls plaguing innocent people, casting aspertions about them and their families, trying to destroy their reputation and filling the Blogs and Forums with defamatory comments and the like!   Guto Bebb was acting on what he thought was good intelligence when he named those he did, and Oscar himself declared his full involvement with the Thoughts of Oscar Blog. 
Guto was putting his case, not just for himself, but for many of his constituants who had logged complaints with him, as their MP.   More power to his elbow and the VOO group to rid the Intenet of such people and the improper use of the Social Media sites.
 WWW  ZXZ
Cicero