Author Topic: The late Noel Walley's site  (Read 3063 times)

Offline temperancellandudno

• Management board member
The late Noel Walley's site
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »
Hello everyone

One of my rare postings - I do visit both this site and Llandudno regularly. I like them both!

I note that the late Noel Walley's excellent site - http://www.greatorme.org.uk/ is still online. Delighted to see this, but does anyone know why this is so - has a well-wisher organised for it to continue to be hosted?

Just curious - hope it doesn't disappear.

TL

Re: The late Noel Walley's site
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 07:35:16 pm »
Hello Llandudno

Well, that didn't get much response, but the answer has come. Someone called Nick has taken the domain name of greatorme.org and seems to be developing the site further.

Not sure what to think about this, but it is good to see much of Mr Walley's work still available.

TL

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »
I see 'Nick' has used my photo of the Smallest House in Conwy on the front page.....without permission.  &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:49:42 am »
Hello Llandudno

Well, that didn't get much response, but the answer has come. Someone called Nick has taken the domain name of greatorme.org and seems to be developing the site further.

Not sure what to think about this, but it is good to see much of Mr Walley's work still available.

TL
The site seems to have reverted back to the last Noel Whalley incarnation now and has a copyright date of 2009 - how odd?

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:27:22 am »
Thanks Dave

Glad to see the original site is back - it looks like a labour of love. Long may it stay!

T