Poll

What do you think?

Are you 100% certain that the NASA Moon landings were genuine?
16 (66.7%)
Are you 100% certain that the NASA moon landings were faked?
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Re: The Lunar Landings  (Read 57919 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: The Lunar Landings
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »
Am I the only one able to EDIT POLL at the top?   $hands$

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:49 am »
Currently, 76% of Forum members who have voted that think that the Moon Landings definitely took place.  Interesting....  ;)

Online Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 09:34:54 am »
Yes, that is very interesting, DaveR, when as many as 24% believe it was a hoax.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:23 pm »
Interesting how the poll had to be created differently to the one proposed.

Even more interesting how roughly 30% of those who have voted are CERTAIN that the lunar landings were faked.
Which makes me wonder what percentage of the public are in some degree of doubt?

I have had the chance to re-acquaint myself with the detail of the subject, and have been watching some footage that troubles me for many reasons.  Some scientific, some more intuitive.

Scientifically, it is the footage the Earth which was filmed IN COLOUR from the darkened window of the spaceship as it was on its way the moon.
The astronauts said that they had the camera pressed against that window, and nothing could come between it, as the Earth got apparently smaller and smaller.
In fact, on numerous occasions, an astronauts arm was clearly visible, which meant that the camera was just being moved further  from the window, to make the Earth appear further away.
On close-up, you can see that the Earth actually fills the entire window at all times, and the land masses which are visible are only small parts of continents, and not entire continents as you would expect.
It seems clear that the Apollo 11 mission never got much further than the low orbit that the Space Station occupies to this day.

Also, I stress that the astronauts had COLOUR cameras.
But the momentous filming of the lunar landings was in appalling quality black and white over the entire time they were 'on the moon'
The US and worldwide TV networks were banned from having any live footage, and they were given only the delayed footage from the US Federal govt control room.... not from NASA itself.

Finally, it seems very odd that following such a momentous achievement, the astronauts gave only one, very bizarre and controlled press conference, and rather than being elated, they were jittery, nervous and disjointed when asked the very few questions which were allowed.
I would even use the words 'cowed' and 'downbeat' to describe their body language.
I will try to upload a link to that press conference.

Following this, they gave very few interviews on the subject every again.
When they did, it was always seperately, and they even contradicted themselves on what had originally been said.
(Why were there no stars?, the BBC's Patrick Moore asked) ... Neil Armstrong  said he couldn't remember.
Michael Collins said he didn't really know if they had seen any!
Years later when asked, oddly, he remembered the stars much more clearly.

It took until the 25 year anniversary of the landings, for Neil Armstrong to make a public speech on the subject.
In that speech, he referred to how 'layers of truth' may be peeled away in the generations to come.
A cryptic thing to say in my opinion?

I will now search for the press conference footage, some days after the 'splashdown', I would be interested  see what people think.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:39 pm »
But if a well known scientist died, it would be mentioned somewhere. Otherwise...maybe it never happened? How about a list of names and dates of death?
Before Mr Fester starts asking more questions, he could perhaps answer this one I posed several days ago?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »
Take a look at the press conference... three rather uncomfortable minutes viewing.

Psychotic apollo11 press conference RKO
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:01 pm »
.... here, for anyone who can be bothered is the entire 1 hour and 23 minutes of the Apollo 11 press conference.

Apollo 11 Press Conference

It is 47 or so minutes in to it when Patrick Moore asks the question about where were the stars?
It solicited a somewhat uncertain answer from 2 of the astronauts.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2012, 07:25:39 am »
You never answered my question about all the scientists that have supposedly been killed in car crashes? If you want to question things, you must be happy to answer questions also or withdraw the assertion.  WWW

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2012, 09:06:10 am »
Scientifically, it is the footage the Earth which was filmed IN COLOUR from the darkened window of the spaceship as it was on its way the moon.

Once you investigate this, it's surprising just how much time and how many extraordinarily qualified people have spent - collectively - many years trying to examine and prove or disprove the multiplicity of theories and assertions made by so many groups. It's all out there, F, and if you really want to find it out then all you have to do is sit in front of a computer for several months following the resultant Google links. Everything you query is easily explained, but it takes time to find it and post it and I'm afraid I don't have the time.

What two things do interest me, however, is firstly that those who assert the entire endeavour was a hoax have never,  in the masses of papers and sites I've seen, provided one single piece of unequivocal evidence.  But it's the second thing which I find the more fascinating. Almost without exception, conspiracists do not simply subscribe to a single theory of conspiracy, nor do they collectively or coherently identify the alleged conspirators. Often, in fact, and if you delve sufficiently deeply, you discover that conspiracy theories originate with one person - which in itself is slightly odd - but one person who claims credentials and then who - this time without exception - makes a lot of money from books, articles, TV appearances, licensing deals, merchandising, patenting and - well, you get the picture. 

It can be informative examining memberships (where listed) and ownerships  of various conspiracy sites, too; very often the same names who doubt the moon landings are the same names who are convinced that the 9/11 attacks were the work of the Bush administration, the same people who believe passionately the various Dan Brown stories, and - perhaps most disturbingly -  that Denver International airport is built atop a secret city, controlled by the New World Order which -  in conjunction with the Masons - is seeking to utterly dominate the world.

People will always see conspiracies, and those who believe every Apollo astronaut was a Mason rank alongside those who are convinced the moon is edible. But one thing has always puzzled me: why do those who doubt the West could make it onto the moon subscribe so easily to the notion that aliens have a base there?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline dusty

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2012, 10:41:09 am »
I've just watched the interview,yes they look very uncomfortable. Wouldn't you think though that if they had the sort of characters to sign up for such a massive hoax that they'd have the gall to see it through and act to the end. And surely with the way technology has improved in the last 43 years that someone somewhere would have uncovered some definitive proof. having said that conspiracy theories can be very convincing.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2012, 11:34:28 am »
They could just have been uncomfortable with the realisation that their life's work has just elevated them from being mere airmen to front page news and the rest of their lives is going to be spent answering questions to people who wouldn't have given them a second glance prior to this mission.
Valar Morghulis

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2012, 12:06:39 pm »
The thing that makes me wonder - is all the conspiracy theorists that say because it hasn't happened since it must have been faked. But surely if it was a fake it would not be difficult to fake it again to lessen suspicion.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »
The thing that makes me wonder - is all the conspiracy theorists that say because it hasn't happened since it must have been faked. But surely if it was a fake it would not be difficult to fake it again to lessen suspicion.

Except of course that everyone would be looking out for a fake!   It's like a Magician, he will never repeat a trick to the same audience.  (Unless it's "Chase the Lady" of course!).   :o
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ludo

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2012, 02:45:40 pm »
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »
Truly excellent, Ludo!  :laugh: