Author Topic: Llandudno Pier & Pavilion - Old Photos & Memories  (Read 156887 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno Pier - Old Photos & Memories
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
I am also surprised you say there is only one manager left as I often see one male manager and one female manager.
One Maintenance Manager and no Maintenance staff, Bri. There is also a General Manager and Deputy GM, plus another Manager (Concessions, maybe?). Anyway, they'd be better off all wielding a paintbrush once a week and getting things sorted out.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »
dave don,t know when you were on the crew but their were about 8 of us and the hard work was in the winter, i  walk down there now and if they are not carefull it will cost too much ,[look at colwyn bay pier]
I wasn't on Deck Crew, Norman, but I knew all of them. Back in the 1990s, there was John Lynton (boss of deck crew), Lee Jones, Brian Jones and someone else whose name eludes me.

When did you work there and can you remember any of the names? Who was the General Manager back then?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2012, 05:53:51 pm »
worked there 73 to 76 george rodgers was general manager  dennis simpson was pier master vaughn turner richie sutton will riley, to name a few many a great story from them days

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:47 pm »
 Z** Remember me Norm. Our group Rhythm Machine played in the Stage Door in the evening 1975/6. As an extra, George had me running the pierhead bar in the morning. Used to trundle the stock for the bar down the pier then meander about until the boats came in and we had some customers. ZXZ
Micox

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »
yes mike well remember ,great days /nights stood at the door listening to your band , [getting a swift beer off you] at the head bar, music isn,t the same these days

Offline Walkie Snaps

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »
Happy Snaps prints are quite small about three and a half by two and half inches. Does anybody know if these were originally in strips of 3 in a walking sequence i.e. each photo in the strip slightly different.

Offline ed jones

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »
I remember my brother in law Dennis SMITH was Piermaster sometime in the 70's. He later became a radio operator in the Merchant Navy. He died of cancer in 2009. His wife ( my Stepsister)still lives in Llanrhos.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2012, 08:21:09 pm »
yes ed den was there same time as me ,haven,t seen pat for a long time

Offline SCMP

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »
I remember my brother in law Dennis SMITH was Piermaster sometime in the 70's. He later became a radio operator in the Merchant Navy. He died of cancer in 2009. His wife ( my Stepsister)still lives in Llanrhos.

I wonder if he went to the wireless college in Colwyn Bay? My father runs the reunion each year at the County Hotel in March. They used to hold it in hotel 70 degrees before it got knocked down.
http://www.wirelesscollege.freeserve.co.uk/

SCMP

Offline ed jones

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:32 pm »
Yes Dennis did go to the Wireless College in Colwyn Bay, did very well and passed out somewhere near the top of his class.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:11 pm »
Scoota Boats & Pavilion back in the 1950s or 60s (click image for full size version):

[smg id=2701]

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2012, 10:02:04 pm »
  I used to love them. They were peaceful, no noise, and you needed a certain basic idea to steer something in water.

Bumpers, later called Dodgems because of all the damage they suffered------very little interest  Mike

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
I loved those, every year we went on those boats and then one year we came and they were gone  :o replaced by the Golden Goose about 1969?    :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline jacko

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »
hello, cant believe this site is not on here, trying to get an airial photo of castell  nant y gamar http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/and just out of picture never mind,

Offline jacko

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »
sorry just put in Llandudno in search,