Author Topic: National politics  (Read 319905 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: National politics
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2016, 11:51:50 am »
But did they not have a right to repudiate his attempt to smear them by lying? He lied. He claimed there were no seats and the train was 'ram packed'. By the most generous definition that means there were no seats. Which there were. So - was it right for JC to lie?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2016, 11:56:25 am »
In keeping with the JC theme of your last post - I would say it wasn't so much a 'lie' as a parable.
Trains are packed full every single weekend - I have seen it myself, I have no problem with him illustrating this message.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2016, 12:05:53 pm »
In keeping with the JC theme of your last post - I would say it wasn't so much a 'lie' as a parable.
Trains are packed full every single weekend - I have seen it myself, I have no problem with him illustrating this message.

B2R, you are plumbing the hilarious depths of mirth now in your attempts to justify your blind faith in Corbyn. At least it's keeping us amused.....
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2016, 12:36:01 pm »

B2R, you are plumbing the hilarious depths of mirth now in your attempts to justify your blind faith in Corbyn. At least it's keeping us amused.....

There must be a lot of people with 'blind' faith then. Including 77% of the Aberconwy Labour Party.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2016, 01:13:19 pm »

There must be a lot of people with 'blind' faith then. Including 77% of the Aberconwy Labour Party.

Do you all see the same counsellor?
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »

Even if there were 100% of the Aberconwy Labour Party backing Jeremy Corbyn  it wouldn't make any difference to what has been said on here many times.
The Labour Party under the leadership of Corbyn,  is on the road to nowhere.    He hasn't got the basic competence to be a world leader and the sooner he realises it the better,
If he does win the contest for the Labour leadership,  then from a political point of view Teresa May should call an immediate General Election and it would mean annihilation for the Labour Party.
I certainly don't want that to happen, do you?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2016, 02:56:08 pm »
I would say it wasn't so much a 'lie' as a parable. Trains are packed full every single weekend - I have seen it myself, I have no problem with him illustrating this message.

So just to get this clear, then, you're happy for any political leader to tell downright lies as long as they call them parables?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2016, 03:27:54 pm »
I would say it wasn't so much a 'lie' as a parable. Trains are packed full every single weekend - I have seen it myself, I have no problem with him illustrating this message.

So just to get this clear, then, you're happy for any political leader to tell downright lies as long as they call them parables?

As in the parable of the Weapons of Mass Destruction.......?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »

Hang on Iansun

JC didn't call them parables I did, albeit lightheartedly.
Don't forget the WOMAD mess was Mr Blair - would you prefer another snake leader like him?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2016, 06:12:45 pm »
Sorry;  I didn't quite catch your answer. If I drop the 'parable', then, can I assume you're happy for any political leader to tell downright lies?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2016, 09:59:06 am »
Sorry;  I didn't quite catch your answer. If I drop the 'parable', then, can I assume you're happy for any political leader to tell downright lies?

It's not a downright lie. The trains are in a mess. Do you use trains Ian?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2016, 10:58:56 am »
It's not a downright lie. The trains are in a mess. Do you use trains Ian?

My favourite form of transport, B2R. But when you say
It's not a downright lie.
where JC
claimed there were no seats and the train was 'ram packed'. By the most generous definition that means there were no seats. Which there were.
I'm not sure I can see that there was any truth whatsoever in his comment.  And that makes it a lie.

So - is it permissible for any politician to Lie in support of their cause? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2016, 12:09:19 pm »
Yes.
It's what we pay them for.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #613 on: September 01, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »
Yes

Sometimes it's necessary to 'lie' for various different and valid reasons.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2016, 03:39:18 pm »
Yes

Sometimes it's necessary to 'lie' for various different and valid reasons.

A paragraph from the Morning Star

Then there’s honesty. An honest politician would make most of us laugh until we cried.
But Corbyn’s honest and open approach when looking at the way forward, when giving us his vision of a Labour Britain under his leadership, has connected with Labour members aged 16 to 105.

I'm afraid that the Red Flag will be flying at half mast if the loony left carry on as they have been doing.

And here's the rest of the article from the Commies Comic newspaper

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj11ef_su7OAhWDXRQKHV9oBU4QFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.morningstaronline.co.uk%2Fa-ba60-Jeremy-Corbyn-compassion%2C-honesty-and-hope-at-last&usg=AFQjCNGnfr8NBPDR76Km_1yWDiem2CFQ0Q&bvm=bv.131669213,d.bGs