Author Topic: National politics  (Read 319881 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: National politics
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2016, 02:31:23 pm »
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »
Secret Ballot  L0L

It's not the Freemasons you know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »
I'm not going to look, it's pointless, sick to my back teeth of politicians, Brexit, the lot.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2016, 07:05:17 pm »
Secret Ballot  L0L

Fester, I can empathise with your stance; just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

But, B2R, I'm surprised at your factitious comment as this really does show your political hero as a scheming thug, surely against yours (and mine) sense of decency? What happened to his 'kinder politics' policy? It appears to have disappeared the first time he is under threat from his own side.     
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2016, 08:11:09 am »
JC is having the same ripple effect on Labour party members as Brexit had on closet racists. In effect, by demonstrating his total disregard for the MPs who oppose him and turning a blind eye to the growing intimidation of those MPs he's showing he was never fit to be a party leader in the first place. The Tories are now regrouping and unless he realises that Labour with him in charge has no chance whatsoever of gaining power by legitimate means we'll be stuck with right wing government for the foreseeable future.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2016, 08:50:54 am »
And now Labour has suspended all local meetings. This is rapidly moving from the depressing to the disturbing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2016, 08:59:02 am »
And now Labour has suspended all local meetings. This is rapidly moving from the depressing to the disturbing.

This isn't true. I had an e mail from the CLP last night confirming this.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2016, 09:00:52 am »
Secret Ballot  L0L

Fester, I can empathise with your stance; just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

But, B2R, I'm surprised at your factitious comment as this really does show your political hero as a scheming thug, surely against yours (and mine) sense of decency? What happened to his 'kinder politics' policy? It appears to have disappeared the first time he is under threat from his own side.     

I disagree, I believe everyone should be held accountable. We do not govern with secret ballots, this is unprecedented and plain wrong.  I still respect Jeremy's open and honest approach as much as I ever have this only cements it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2016, 10:14:14 am »
I believe everyone should be held accountable.

Accountable, yes, but there's good reason why voting in this country is done by secret ballot. And while I can honestly appreciate your unswerving loyalty to the leader can you not see where this is headed?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2016, 03:22:31 pm »

This isn't true. I had an e mail from the CLP last night confirming this.

update they've changed their minds it has been cancelled - sad state of affairs  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2016, 03:24:05 pm »
I believe everyone should be held accountable.

Accountable, yes, but there's good reason why voting in this country is done by secret ballot. And while I can honestly appreciate your unswerving loyalty to the leader can you not see where this is headed?

Nobody is condoning intimidation. Those that are doing the intimidation will do it anyway, making it secret only increases their target list.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »
With the tragic events that happened in France last night it's important that the UK has a strong government and also an equally strong opposition as the same thing could happen here in the UK.
Whatever anyone thinks of Teresa May, at least she appears to be a strong leader and has said that she wants a better UK for everyone.
Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand has no direction and will only lead the Labour Party into the political wilderness.    When a drone from the USA killed Jihadi John, Corbyn's reply was "that the USA should have tried to capture him instead"
That's a comment from a delusional person who ultimately wants to be the PM.     
Thank goodness he is  unelectable and that will never happen.
Surely even the most die hard Labour supporter can see the damage he is doing to the Labour Part.  I just hope the damage is not unrepairable

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2016, 04:01:08 pm »
With the tragic events that happened in France last night it's important that the UK has a strong government and also an equally strong opposition as the same thing could happen here in the UK.
Whatever anyone thinks of Teresa May, at least she appears to be a strong leader and has said that she wants a better UK for everyone.
Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand has no direction and will only lead the Labour Party into the political wilderness.    When a drone from the USA killed Jihadi John, Corbyn's reply was "that the USA should have tried to capture him instead"
That's a comment from a delusional person who ultimately wants to be the PM.     
Thank goodness he is  unelectable and that will never happen.
Surely even the most die hard Labour supporter can see the damage he is doing to the Labour Part.  I just hope the damage is not unrepairable

Yes he increased membership by over 50% - such damage! - I don't think it's him that's delusional  _))*

Membership, January 10th 2016: 388,407

Membership, May 6th 2015: 201,293

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2016, 04:12:03 pm »
To be fair we don't know that it was JC responsible for the membership increase. During difficult times it's traditional for voters to become more active in party politics.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
It's certainly a coincidence.  :o But I know for a fact that was the sole reason for myself and everyone I know in joining or in my case rejoining the Labour party.
If Corbyn is pushed out, God forbid. It will be the reason we all leave en masse and the membership will drop to an all time low and then the party REALLY will be finished.