Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651159 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1560 on: March 09, 2016, 09:37:09 am »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/bhs-stores-llandudno-wrexham-could-11006433

BHS Ĺlandudno possably  under threat .
BHS is one of the most uninspiring shops I have ever seen, no surprise it is in trouble. Even Phillip Green's touch could not revive it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1561 on: March 09, 2016, 10:22:43 am »
The café which is 'nt part of it, but still in the store leaves much to be desired.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1562 on: March 10, 2016, 07:43:13 am »
I see they want to split unit 4 which is Monsoon in half and put mezzine floors in both

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1563 on: March 10, 2016, 08:08:24 am »
BHS is one of the most uninspiring shops I have ever seen, no surprise it is in trouble. Even Phillip Green's touch could not revive it.

Yes - something of a time warp at work. They always seemed to be in the '70s...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1564 on: March 10, 2016, 08:26:00 am »
I have never been in a BHS shop, doubt I will bother!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1565 on: March 10, 2016, 12:21:35 pm »
I have never been in a BHS shop, doubt I will bother!

ME, it might be quite a short list to tell us which shops you HAVE been in,  :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1566 on: March 10, 2016, 12:29:56 pm »
You know me so well Lol!  :laugh: as to the list...Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, lots of second hand shops and antique shops, occasionally a small kiosk on the pier, favourite places are the auction in Colwyn Bay, Rogers Jones, have bought lots there! Also car boot sales, love those! You can probably tell I have little interest in 'modern' shops, very little of interest in them for us!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1567 on: March 10, 2016, 02:27:43 pm »
You know me so well Lol!  :laugh: as to the list...Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, lots of second hand shops and antique shops, occasionally a small kiosk on the pier, favourite places are the auction in Colwyn Bay, Rogers Jones, have bought lots there! Also car boot sales, love those! You can probably tell I have little interest in 'modern' shops, very little of interest in them for us!

Best car boot sales are in Rhyl these days, Safeway used to have a good one in the Bay years ago but sadly no more. Last summer there were some ok ones on the oval though.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1568 on: March 10, 2016, 05:05:49 pm »

In which case you'd like BHS mate!  there's been nothing 'modern' in there since 1976
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1569 on: March 10, 2016, 06:14:05 pm »
Any nice antique clocks? I like those!  D)

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1570 on: March 11, 2016, 05:36:10 pm »
As for car boot sales, the Oval sales re-start on April 17th.   :D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1571 on: March 11, 2016, 11:13:17 pm »
As for car boot sales, the Oval sales re-start on April 17th.   :D

Thanks for that info!  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1572 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:10 am »
I believe the Farm & Pet Place shop at the lower end of Mostyn Street will be closing this Summer.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1573 on: March 18, 2016, 10:47:28 am »
B&M to open in Llandudno today - creating 70 jobs

B&M will open its Llandudno store today - creating 70 jobs in the town.
The store - based at the former Homebase store on the Mostyn Champneys Retail Park - opens to customers at 9am.
They said all Homebase employees were invited to interview for roles in the new store and all were successful in their application and offered positions .
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/bm-open-llandudno-today-creating-11057382

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1574 on: March 18, 2016, 11:31:53 am »
Always interesting to see what information we can discover. Homebase was founded by Sainsbury's and GB-Inno-BM in 1979, the company was then owned by Home Retail Group from October 2006.  GB-Inno-BM owns and operates more than 600 Maxi GB and Bigg's Continent hypermarkets. The company is based in Brussels, Belgium. As of July 25, 2000 GB-Inno-BM operates as a subsidiary of Carrefour. B & M was founded by Malcolm Billington as Billington & Mayman and the first store opened in Blackpool, United Kingdom in 1978 and was acquired by Simon and Bobby Arora from Phildrew Investments in December 2004. The chairman is Sir Terry Leahy, the ex-boss of Tesco who got out just before profits started to plunge. Home Retail Group is the subject of a bidding war between Sainsbury and Steinhoff. Fascinating times.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.