Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 650974 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2012, 09:36:49 am »
Good wishes to him from us as well, --I intend going to have a look, but was up on the Collonade when I spotted the shop and as I go back to my car it had started to rain.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #422 on: May 11, 2012, 02:16:48 pm »
Coffee shop opening on the corner of Mostyn Avenue and Queens Road in Craig y Don. The shop that used to be Place Settings, before becoming a kitchen shown room for a while.

I know there are a lot of coffee shops in Llandudno, but I think this will be a good addition in Craig y Don, and certainly better than an empty unit.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2012, 10:48:53 pm »
Coffee shop opening on the corner of Mostyn Avenue and Queens Road in Craig y Don. The shop that used to be Place Settings, before becoming a kitchen shown room for a while.

I know there are a lot of coffee shops in Llandudno, but I think this will be a good addition in Craig y Don, and certainly better than an empty unit.
That's interesting. I'd thought in the past that would be a good unit for a coffee shop location wise, but there's a not a lot of room once you put a counter/kitchen in.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:45 am »
The former GAME shop on Mostyn Street is now available for rent at £75k pax. Rates Payable (2012/2013): £31,188.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #425 on: May 16, 2012, 08:27:21 am »
The Greengrocer/Barber/ whatever else is now selling second hand goods in Upper Mostyn Street !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:10 am »
The Greengrocer/Barber/ whatever else is now selling second hand goods in Upper Mostyn Street !
That's the maddest shop in Llandudno. Every 3 months, it gets completely redecorated, then alternates between being a fruit shop/barbers/ice cream shop.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #427 on: May 16, 2012, 09:04:00 am »
The former GAME shop on Mostyn Street is now available for rent at £75k pax. Rates Payable (2012/2013): £31,188.

With those overheads I'm amazed anyone with a shop can make a profit! :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #428 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:01 am »
That's the maddest shop in Llandudno. Every 3 months, it gets completely redecorated, then alternates between being a fruit shop/barbers/ice cream shop.

Can't think that she ever makes any profit(-- she also asked us for tips on how to cut hair!) Trouble is that is never open for any regular lengths of time. Pity, as it is in a good position and she is very cheery.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #429 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:13 am »
that shop reminds me of 'Little Britain' a very funny programme  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline dingo20

« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2012, 04:11:26 pm »
The shop was opened originally selling fruit and veg because she didn't get enough customer she decided to switch back to her old trade of cutting hair until she could get change of use to a sandwich ice cream shop and redecorate. Because she couldn't put tables and chairs outside it reduced her earning potential thanks to the daft rules by Conwy council. Until she gets a reply to her appeal and because she paying rent on the shop I think shes (quite rightly) using it for something rather than leaving it empty. Bit of a shame because she is hard working and just trying to make a living.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #431 on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:28 pm »
She told me about the refusal to let her put tables and chairs outside. I thought at the time that Conwy Council were being somewhat pedantic as other places in the same area had tables, chairs and goods for sale all outside their premises.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:11 pm »
I very rarely saw it open when it was a hairdresser, if I'm honest.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »
She told me about the refusal to let her put tables and chairs outside. I thought at the time that Conwy Council were being somewhat pedantic as other places in the same area had tables, chairs and goods for sale all outside their premises.

Perhaps the other purveyors of food and drink who place tables and chairs outside, (such as Kava and Take a Break) are allowed to do so because they have toilet facilities for their customers.

The Whistle Stop / Barbers / Fruit shop does not have toilet facilities... but MUST have, especially if you are to take customers money and fill them up with liquid!
There was an outcry on the Pier in 2011, when the bar was open, selling beer.... but the toilets were closed... thereby causing undue discomfort.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #434 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:23 am »
Seems to be some work going on in the old TSB at the front of the precinct which has been empty for a long time.