Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651308 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #975 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:59 am »
Thank you for the info but, unbelievably, I have not yet found a need for a smart phone and I have also been with Orange using the same mobile number for the past 16 years.

However, I am now a 'friend' of the Fragrance Shop on Facebook and Mrs R has signed up to receive offers by e-mail.

It is good to hear there are regular lunchtime offers with the Fragrance Shop because they usually offer competitive prices even without their Happy Hour.

What I still cannot understand is the fact that they did not advertise their Happy Hour either inside or outside their local shop but someone took the trouble to advertise their promotion in other places inside the shopping centre.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #976 on: February 04, 2014, 06:00:19 pm »
The Animal shop in Mostyn St has closed down.

"Three Animal stores have closed across North Wales after the operator went into administration.

The action sports clothes stores in Wrexham, Bangor, and Llandudno have shut as part of seven closures after Clubsport (Kington) Ltd entered administration.

The store in Chester has also closed. It has seen 47 people lose their jobs.

Clubsport operated 12 stores on licence from Animal to use their products.

Five stores, including those in Aberystwyth and Carmarthen, have been bought by Clubsport (A New Beginning) and will remain trading.

Animal have not yet responded to an enquiry from the Daily Post.

One worker made redundant said: “Basically, they shut all the stores without any notice, not even a week. They came in and just stripped everything.

“I think it's disgusting the way we have all been treated without so much as a formal apology.”

Charles Titmus, a spokesman for BDO LLP, which is acting as administrator, said that the stores that were not performing profitably were closed in order to save the remainder of the shops.

He said that 45 jobs had been saved while 47 staff had been made redundant
."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/three-animal-clothes-stores-close-6671768
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #977 on: February 04, 2014, 06:41:29 pm »
Not good news as we are supposed to be coming out of the resession,nothing we can do about it thought,sorry for the youngsters who worked there.

Offline jemima

« Reply #978 on: February 19, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »
Just been watching "Pound Shop Wars" on BBC1 - about Poundworld - with the Colwyn Bay store being one of the stores featured.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #979 on: February 19, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »
The Kitchen shop has closed down a couple of weeks ago, set if rumors are true to be taken on by Parisellas Ice Cream.  A kitchen shop is too open acrioss the road in what is now Scribble.  Edwards butchers are having a complete refurb and will be closed for two weeks shortly.  Red Lion buildings have been renovated (was an eyesore for years on Conwy Square) I was told a shop called His and Hers is going there? On the down side the A and K clothes shop is up for rent and the Surf shop is closing.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #980 on: February 20, 2014, 08:47:45 am »
Just been watching "Pound Shop Wars" on BBC1 - about Poundworld - with the Colwyn Bay store being one of the stores featured.

Did you take in the bit about someone trying to steal £60.00 worth of stuff ? Possibly not the C. Bay store, but someone must have had a big bag to stuff £60.00 worth of stuff in ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #981 on: February 20, 2014, 09:28:51 am »
Razor blades as opposed to boxes of tissues?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2014, 11:11:34 am »
Smaller-Yes, perhaps flower pots wouldn't be good :o I liked the way they used smileys to blot out the faces of the shoplifters. Different to the usual blurring.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2014, 07:00:56 pm »
Poundworld in Colwyn Bay has a "Poundworld Plus" section where all the goodies cost over a pound.  This includes things like hairdryers, toys, home decor, etc.  It's located right at the back of the store well away from the tills.  I'd imagine it would now be quite easy to shoplift £60 of goods from there (not that I've tried).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #984 on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:53 pm »
There was a man who had worked at a factory for twenty years. Every night when he left the plant, he would push a wheelbarrow full of straw to the guard at the gate.

The guard would look through the straw, and find nothing and pass the man through.

On the day of his retirement the man came to the guard as usual but without the wheelbarrow.

Having become friends over the years, the guard asked him, "Charlie, I've seen you walk out of here every night for twenty years. I know you've been stealing something. Now that you're retired, tell me what it is. It's driving me crazy."

Charlie simply smiled and replied, "Okay, it was wheelbarrows!"
 :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #985 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »
nice one yorkie  _))* _))*

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #986 on: February 21, 2014, 08:28:57 am »
His name wasn't Johnny Cash was it?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #987 on: February 21, 2014, 12:12:12 pm »
There was a man who had worked at a factory for twenty years. Every night when he left the plant, he would push a wheelbarrow full of straw to the guard at the gate.

The guard would look through the straw, and find nothing and pass the man through.

On the day of his retirement the man came to the guard as usual but without the wheelbarrow.

Having become friends over the years, the guard asked him, "Charlie, I've seen you walk out of here every night for twenty years. I know you've been stealing something. Now that you're retired, tell me what it is. It's driving me crazy."

Charlie simply smiled and replied, "Okay, it was wheelbarrows!"
 :D

Nice! That was in an only fools an horses episode with Grandad as the security guard - but in that instance it was suitcases

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #988 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:12 pm »
I see from the Weekly News that the lady from Betty's Fabrics is retiring.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #989 on: February 21, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »
At the moment its all shops closing,we thought the recession was over unfortunatley Llandudno has gone the other way fast,with the lose of Animal,both Manor food shops now Betty;s fabrics i think that is 10 empty shops in Mostyn st(and Upper) not sure how many in the precinct and one empty unit on Mostyn Champneys.