Author Topic: Llandudno Easter 5K Promenade Dash - a 5K dash along the Promenade in Llandudno  (Read 6033 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Llandudno Easter 5K Promenade Dash - 7th April 2012

Date: Easter Saturday 7th April 2012

Time: 10.30 am

Accurately measured course.

There will be Easter eggs and other seasonal goodies on offer plus a medal waiting for you at the finish of this 5k dash along the prom in Llandudno. The race is a fundraiser for Disability Snowsport UK who promote equality and opportunity for people with disabilities to take part in snowsports and to help improve their enjoyment and standard of performance at the level of their choice.

Suitable for experienced runners and beginners alike - for the quickies its a chance to record a pb and for beginners a nice, flat introduction to 5k races.

More information here:
http://www.nice-work.org.uk/events.php?id=61

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
5k?  That's a long way, do they go up and down the prom. more than once? Don't fancy their chances if daft cyclists are about.

Offline Paddy

5k is 3.1 miles so I would guess from the pier to the paddling pool and back?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Ian Turner has commented that "...from the black bollards by the pier gates to the end of the sea wall by the paddling pool is approx 1.2 miles. It's approx 1 mile from the black bollards to the first shelter after the County Hotel going towards the Little Orme. I'm not sure how the organisers will work in the distance on the prom as there are several ways it can be done. It will be interesting. The Little Orme Lions Club will be on the prom the same day raising money for the local branch of the Alzheimer's Society and will be situated by the War Memorial."

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
I can and do walk it but Dash !!! oh dear