Author Topic: St. Georges school, Church Walks. 70's  (Read 2758 times)

Offline plas penmon

St. Georges school, Church Walks. 70's
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:58 am »
Anyone here went to this school ?  I am so glad the school building still exists, it's future was in doubt some years ago.  I went there '70 to '76 I remember great teachers, Mrs. Roberts who had a son Paul. Mrs. Griffiths and the headmaster, well, I remember two Mr. Jones, he taught Welsh! I have always kept in contact although sporadic with Gina Margetts. Who else? I do remember quite a few. Happy days :)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: St. Georges school, Church Walks. 70's
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »
They did a great job on the restoration of the school which my mother went to in the 1920's and 1930's. 

Offline plas penmon

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:11 pm »
Wow! Fabulous pictures, feels like it was yesterday.  Thank you for posting them, don't think it changed much from the 20's to the 70's.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »
For information about the current St George's School ( Ysgol San Sior) see

www.ysgolsansior.createprimary.net

Offline wavecrest

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »
Anyone here went to this school ?  I am so glad the school building still exists, it's future was in doubt some years ago.  I went there '70 to '76 I remember great teachers, Mrs. Roberts who had a son Paul. Mrs. Griffiths and the headmaster, well, I remember two Mr. Jones, he taught Welsh! I have always kept in contact although sporadic with Gina Margetts. Who else? I do remember quite a few. Happy days :)
Yes, I went here from 1971 to 1973 had Mrs. Roberts for teacher and Mr. Jones.  Also remember Mrs. Evans.  and terrible lunches!! 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:49:26 am »
Here's a link with the old school.       

www.claw.gov.uk/index.php?id=92

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:56 pm »
I was there in the '50's Beaky Owen was head and Mrs Ellis ran the canteen.

My Mother was there in the 20's when the teacher was Miss Ives. The children had to collect dead leaves from the play ground and use them in the toilets as there was no paper!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »
My Uncle Bobby Sam went to the School in the 1920's and his teacher was called Korky on account of him having a wooden leg. Bobby must have been naughty one day because Korky smacked him and when my Taid went to the School the next day, he chased Korky around the school and Korky ran into the toilets and wouldn't come out until Taid had gone home.
Poor old Korky would have needed those leaves that day!