Poll

What should be done with Colwyn Bay Pier?

Demolish it
Carry out basic renovation (spend up to £5m)
Carry out comprehensive renovation, including all buildings (spend up to £10m)

Author Topic: The long running saga of Colwyn Bay Pier  (Read 386072 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The long running saga of Colwyn Bay Pier
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
Quote Dave R "No sign of Steve Hunt"  So, Hunt a bit more  OOOhhhhh

Offline Trojan

« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2011, 02:53:47 am »
Quote Dave R "No sign of Steve Hunt"  So, Hunt a bit more  OOOhhhhh

???

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2011, 10:10:08 am »
Ha ha... yes... you will actually find me there tomorrow aftenoon...well, you wont because you are thousands of miles away!

I'm heading off there shortly Fester. Might catch you later if I'm still around

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2011, 10:39:35 pm »
Fester, how's the hunger strike going?  I thought about you while I was tucking in to my Sunday dinner.  I hope you're not getting too weak to post a progress report?  Perhaps you should take a little something to keep up your strength - we don't want to lose you! 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »
Thank you for asking Blodyn... I didn't think anyone cared.

Its going very well. Very well indeed.

I recalled Dave R telling me that McDonalds Cheeseburgers were very small, not even a meal...and lacking in nutrition.
So today, after seeing B2R at the gym, I thought I would take Dave's advice.
Knowing full well that McDonalds would not affect my hunger strike. (Dave R knows all things) .. I purchased quite a few of their products.

I came home and slept in the afternoon, I expect that is my body protecting me from starvation.

I shall weigh myself in the morning... and if asked, I shall reveal the results of my 1st week on hunger strike.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »
I'm glad to hear that you're looking after yourself, Fester.  I shall look forward to hearing the result of your weigh-in.  I'm sure you'll be able to keep up the hunger strike for longer if you don't lose too much too quickly. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2011, 10:39:00 am »
Steve Hunt latest:

A FORMER pier owner on hunger strike is deciding on his next move after meeting his local MP.

Steve Hunt, who owned Colwyn Bay’s Victoria Pier, met Clwyd West MP David Jones on Friday in Colwyn Bay.

After an hour-long meeting Wales Office Minister Mr Jones said: “I discussed his problem and gave him some advice and he has gone away to consider this advice.” He would not be drawn on details.

Mr Hunt said: “It was a constructive, encouraging meeting. I’ll be reviewing the advice Mr Jones gave me and will consulting with my lawyers. There are a number of options.”

Mr Hunt had fasted for 100 hours at the time of the meeting at 2pm on Friday. He said: “I have only had water and some cups of tea. I feel remarkably well.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/06/13/colwyn-bay-pier-hunger-striker-in-talks-55578-28865546/

Offline poppy

« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:21 am »
Hopefully the advice was "give up, seek psychiatric help, and seek this help preferably well away from Colwyn Bay and Wales. Get out and stay out!" $good$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2011, 11:53:13 am »
So I take it your not his No1 fan then Poppy  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline poppy

« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2011, 12:03:24 pm »
 Number 2  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2011, 05:36:47 pm »
Hopefully the advice was "give up, seek psychiatric help, and seek this help preferably well away from Colwyn Bay and Wales. Get out and stay out!" $good$

I think that in some way Mr Hunt has to be admired.  He has stood up against authority, fought for his principles, and all this amongst all the stone throwing and ridicule from all and sundry.  Why a psychiatrist?  I consider with the way he speaks and writes he has his head screwed on the right way.  Why should he get out and stay out, don't you believe in equality of man?   He is just as entitled to speak out as you are, and at least he is fighting his own fight against what appear to be insurmountable odds.

I hope you are never placed in a similar position.

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2011, 06:07:31 pm »
I think that in some way Mr Hunt has to be admired.

You have to be kidding. He took over a pier which had undergone significant renovation work by the previous owners, the Paxmans, and managed to run it into the ground. His problems are all of his own making, unfortunately.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »
Steve Hunt has given up on his hunger strike now:

I am pleased to report that after 100 hours of hunger strike, I had a very constructive meeting with David Jones, local MP and Minister of State for Wales. We reviewed the evidence of Conwy Council's actions against me in recent years, and following the advice of Mr Jones, a plan of action has been formulated. I am now compiling a dossier of evidence, which will be reviewed by Mr Jones, who will assist in directing the right complaints to the right bodies. It is anticipated that a formal complaint, backed by evidence, will be made to North Wales Police by the end of the week. Therefore I have suspended my hunger strike, pending the submission of evidence to the appropriate regulatory bodies.

Let's see if a complaint is actually made to North Wales Police by the end of the week....

:roll:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2011, 07:13:16 pm »
I think that in some way Mr Hunt has to be admired.

You have to be kidding. He took over a pier which had undergone significant renovation work by the previous owners, the Paxmans, and managed to run it into the ground. His problems are all of his own making, unfortunately.

No reason for him to be driven out of town. 
Not everyone who goes into business is always successful!   I could name a few local people who have made errors of judgement!   Should they all be castigated?

I had to have a Creditors Voluntary Liquidation 23 years ago caused solely by my inability to continue with the business due to health problems.  I am sorry for those it affected and wish it had never happened but it is easy to look back and take a retrospective view.   

I also await the outcome, and feel that if David Jones MP has assisted with a "plan of action" there must be some substance in Mr Hunt's allegations.

Even today a department of CCBC was severely criticised by an appeals committee for only producing in evidence the "bad" points of their arguement and without any reference to "positive" evidence that they also had available.  The whole barrel of apples is only interested in protecting their own backsides.  $angry$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2011, 10:42:13 pm »
I reckon he just got offered a custard cream with his cuppa tea, and couldn't resist.  Well, who could?

...and my Hunger Strike continues unabated...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -