Author Topic: Cat  (Read 2662 times)

Offline pentan

Cat
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:54:28 am »
I have a feral cat that comes to me every day I would love to give it a home but it is a tom and he sprays, telephoned the vet to ask if I had him neutered would it stop spraying  the answer they gave me was yes but not straight away is this info right?

Offline Blodyn

Re: Cat
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »
Yes, Pentan.  Neutering will stop a tom cat spraying, though I'm not sure how long it takes.  I suppose the hormones need to work out of his system.  It worked for my ex-feral cat, though he was so wary it me three years to get him into the house at all (when he was whisked off to the vet's for his little operation) and then another year before he moved in properly.  Now, after a few years in the house he doesn't bother to go out much at all and loves to sit on my lap or "help" at the computer.

Good luck with the cat, it's good to hear he's found a potential home.  Let us know how you and he get on. 

Offline pentan

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:52:58 am »
Thanks for the reply blod Had his nuts put in a jar just in case someone asks for him back

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »
He's a really nice looking cat Pentan  ££$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline pentan

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:44:01 pm »
Yes pen-d he has a lovely nature still srays now and again but hope he will settle down