Author Topic: Say Hello here if you're a new member  (Read 100155 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member...
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2012, 10:46:00 am »
Hi Karen and Derek,
I remember you from the old forum-- in fact we met at the King's Head one night during one of Craig's get togethers.
I had a different user name then.
Welcome back.
Nemesis
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Karen and Derek

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2012, 12:12:03 pm »
Snakecorp
Hi Karen,

I think Snakecorp might be around somewhere...  ;)  :P

The old Llandudno Local message board suffered quite a few problems, including all the posts disappearing once or twice. Craig went off to pastures new. Ian and myself decided to set up this Forum to replace it and also expanded it a little to include Colwyn Bay and Conwy as well.

Nice to see you back.  $good$

Shame about the Local, but having said that, you and Ian have done a marvelous job with this one.

$3towns$

Karen.

Offline Karen and Derek

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2012, 12:17:29 pm »
Hi Karen and Derek,
I remember you from the old forum-- in fact we met at the King's Head one night during one of Craig's get togethers.
I had a different user name then.
Welcome back.
Nemesis

Thank you Nemesis, (whoever you were back then and whoever you are at this present time.  :D)

Boy, what would I give for a few pints in the Kings Head right about now.

Cheers  Z**

Derek.

Offline sam

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2012, 05:54:48 pm »
Whoops posted in another thread before intoducing myself ..how rude! :P I'm Sam - Llandudno born and bred. Love finding anything out about local history, and bumbling around the internet looking for relevant snippets of information. My maternal side of the family came from Penrhynside, Pant y Wennol etc - the Harris's. My grandfathers mothers maiden name was (Annie) Edwards but I don't know any anything about that branch of the clan. Hope to learn more as I browse around here. Okay that's me done for now..cheers $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2012, 11:13:43 pm »
Welcome to the Forum Sam!   Nice to see another new face...  :)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2012, 01:27:59 am »
Yep same from me Sam $good$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline sam

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:18 am »
Cheers guys $thanx$

Offline BilkoBailey

• Lived in Conwy Morfa, Bryn Celyn & Craig-y-Don.
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2012, 01:12:40 pm »
 $walesflag$
Hi Folks,
I,m a "Conway lad", raised in the prefabs on the Morfa and after 15 years in the South of England returned to live in Llandudno.  I went to Maelwyn school (because my granddad was the caretaker and lived around the corner) and later went to John Bright Grammar School. (Yep - an old codger).
I now live in Zurgena, Almería, happily retired and stumbled across this forum after joining the "You know you're from Llandudno if..." group on Facebook. Please feel free to visit me there: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325204689&sk=info or my photos on: http://s725.photobucket.com/profile/bilkobailey.
We now visit North Wales every year as the parents get older.  Maybe our paths will cross!
God Bless
Steve

Offline krasejc

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2012, 03:46:25 pm »
Hi! I'm new. I'm a student at Bangor University studying the history of the Llandudno and Bangor Jewish Communities. I'm from the US (Washington state) and I've lived here in north Wales for three years. I live near Bethesda though!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »
Shalom and Welcome!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Dave E

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:21 pm »
Hi all, just joined today.

I was born at St David's in Bangor way back in the summer of 1955, Lived at 16 maesdu avenue flats, then 66 King's Road just over the bridge. Went to Dyffryn road primary, then after failing my 11+ went to Mostyn Central school on Trinity avenue.

My dad was known locally as Ernie post or EPO, especially in the West Shore social club.

Started work as an apprentice panel beater at Red Garages aged 15yrs in 1970. I have lived in Llandudno, Penrhyn Bay, Colwyb Bay and Old Colwyn. I now reside permenantly with my wife in sunny Cyprus, about 25Km into the hills from Paphos.

Regards, Dave E

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  :)  $good$

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, I'm sure it's sunnier there than it is here today, because it really is a right miserable day as far as the weather is concerned.

Offline IanR

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2012, 08:05:39 pm »
Hello Folks
I stumbled across your site by accident (more of that later)  I live in Birkenvegas and as a small boy in the mid fifties was taken to Llandudno for the annual holiday.

It took about 3 weeks to get there in the Morris Minor now it's an hour on the train. I remember sand,sea and fun. I remember an age when children could play out and their parents wouldn't worry

I remember falling into the model yacht pool. A bloke pulled me out ,wrapped me in a blanket and found my Dad. Nowadays he'd worry about being sued.

We didn't have cable cars. We didn't miss them because we didn't know about them.

Anyway,enough rambling. I found your site while trying to find out about the Regent Court hotel. It was on the front and I'd imagine that by now has changed it's name. The reason I was looking was because it invokes happy memories.

Rock on Llandudno

Offline Paddy

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2012, 04:01:36 am »
Hiya IanR, welcome to the forum. The Regent Court Hotel no longer exists. It was taken over during the expansion of the hotel next door. I hope I haven't ruined your day!