Author Topic: purple street signs  (Read 2359 times)

Offline wjones74

purple street signs
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »
Ladies and gents , can i ask what era the purple/dark blue backed street names are , victoria ave has one that i can think of of the top of my head ?
thanks
Will $thanx$

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: purple street signs
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »
If this is one of the vitreous enamel ones, I think it would be late Victorian.

Offline wjones74

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:08 pm »
That old!!!? , there are many still dotted around llandudno and the bay , the victoria ave one is on the first buiding(red brick) on the bodafon fields side , incidently i was going to take a pic of it before , but i did'nt want to be caught taking pictures of someones house , i dont want to have to explain to the police that i'm not a pervert etc etc, PCmike has plenty to do as it is  :P

Offline martin

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:28:53 pm »
Talking of perverts, just reading in the on-line Daily Post and a male person who has been up before the beak charged with stealing 860 items of ladies undercoverings from washing lines, he even had the pegs!  PCmike may take the view that today a street sign, tomorrow...................................... _))*

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »
I thought that legally if you are on public property you can take a picture of anything? DaveR will know :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:42 pm »
I thought that legally if you are on public property you can take a picture of anything? DaveR will know :)
Yes, you can, However, common sense is always essential. Taking photos of, for example, a park in which children are playing wouldn't be a very good idea.

Offline wjones74

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:42:42 pm »
And don't forget children's Christmas plays !!!!!!!! , thankfully there are some normal head teachers that will let you film children enjoying the magic of a Christmas play! , if any paedophile wants to watch kids, the last place you find them is IN schools(though not always) , they will be getting their thrills from beaches, playgrounds, internet etc , or anywhere else ! Could YOU spot "one"? , HEAVY  :o