Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 207251 times)

Yorkie

Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2011, 04:18:07 pm »
What more do you expect from this person?  Or any other person on the Council for that matter.  Just a bunch of self-opionated morons!

Ask Brother (mason) Bertola how much his precious Rugby Club has had from the Council over the years!
And also his other precious interest Town Twinning - where the subsidy from the Council has, over the years, helped to take him and his cronies on jollies to Wormhout!   

¢¢##   ¢¢##   ¢¢##  Play us another tune B B Bertola!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »
I've never seen the point of town twinning, just seems an excuse for councillors to have holidays at our expense  :rage:  and we have to have all these silly signs saying 'twinned with some place you've never heard of'  :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

brumbob

« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
we have to have all these silly signs saying 'twinned with some place you've never heard of'  :rage:
You'd remember if you were in the WW2 but I agree with you

Yorkie

« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2011, 07:23:06 pm »
Nothing wrong with Town Twinning BB, it is just that we as tax payers have to cough up to pay for something not essential to the wellbeing of the community.

Many things such as Town Twinning could be easily run by a voluntary group at no expense to the Town.

Yes - I remember the last War having (fortunately) lived through it!    $uk

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »
 :( I have now recieved about eight replys from councillors to my concerns about our lights,so i suppose that is a result,but as there seems to be little interest from others i think i should drop my one man campaign and leave the Decorative Lighting Committee to get on with ignoring the towns lack of CHRISTMAS lights..To be honest i think that considering no shop managers complain ,no hoteliors complain,no pub or restaurant complain i must be wrong and the LIGHTS perfectly acceptable. :'(

Yorkie

« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »
I have put in a Freedom of Information request on a number of issues.  I will post details once I get the answers.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »
:( I have now recieved about eight replys from councillors to my concerns about our lights,so i suppose that is a result,but as there seems to be little interest from others i think i should drop my one man campaign and leave the Decorative Lighting Committee to get on with ignoring the towns lack of CHRISTMAS lights..To be honest i think that considering no shop managers complain ,no hoteliors complain,no pub or restaurant complain i must be wrong and the LIGHTS perfectly acceptable. :'(
That's a very good point, Wrex. If I owned a substantial business in the town, I would not be happy with the current state of the Christmas lighting. It's a token effort at best.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2011, 05:25:40 pm »
 :rage: My one man crusade has now come to an end with very little support its time to leave the xmas lights to Colwyn Bay who seem to have a better idea what it is all about. Z**

Offline Paddy

« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »
Wrex, if you had loads of support it wouldn't be a "one man" crusade.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. Keep plodding on matey.

Yorkie

« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2011, 06:49:34 pm »
:rage: My one man crusade has now come to an end with very little support its time to leave the xmas lights to Colwyn Bay who seem to have a better idea what it is all about. Z**

Now looky here Wrex,  you know that I am always available to add my voice to your cause, and if you are who I think you are, you know that I have been a pain in the A*** for the Council fo many a year!

To help I have made a FoI request for certain financial information which will show the balance of the Council's interest in the various enterprises (that's too strong a word) with which they are concerned.   One can then go to them with a positive arguement.  I know all about lack of support as I have had it in the past but just two of us could be a start towards an effective protest group.   It does not have to be a one man band.   

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
 :-[Okay i nearly threw in the towel,thanks to Paddy ,Yorkie and Dave R i will carry on with this one but please write to Cll Bertola ,Chair of the Decorative lighting committee at the Town Hall or contact your local ward councillors for me and try to get the council to take Llandudno and the town center buisnesses that are left seriously instead of the attitude THEY WILL DO  we are the elected goaway. :laugh:

Offline Paddy

« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2011, 06:40:42 pm »
Wrex, please PM the relevant adresses to me and I promise I will write the letter.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:40 pm »
 ;)Paddy thanks for your support,all 30 councillors addresses are on the famous town council website,and im sure they will look forward to recieving more xmas light complaints.Out of the 30 i have had 10 replies. $walesflag$

Yorkie

« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2011, 07:37:30 am »
Wrex, How about publishing the worst on the Forum?    It may engender some more support.

I have not yet had an acknowledegment of my FoI request yet!   Maybe they don't check their e-mail boxes that often.    ))*

Offline Paddy

« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2011, 02:27:37 pm »
Excellent idea Yorkie.

Wrex, name and shame.