Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 641201 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »
Does that mean that our very own Merddin Emrys can go for free next week?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2014, 10:05:35 pm »
I can guarantee that I won't be going to see sport not involving cars!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »
Why not give Jack your tickets then?

Offline Jack

« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41:15 pm »
Why not give Jack your tickets then?

Nice idea Snowcap, but you have to show ID at the ticket office!!! (and I'm not sure that is ME's true surname  :roll:)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2014, 11:03:45 pm »
It isn't Myrddin or Merddin....   ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2014, 03:05:25 pm »
It isn't Myrddin or Merddin....   ;D

Probably just plain old Jones!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2014, 04:52:55 pm »
Funny you should say that!  :D

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #592 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:13 pm »
There's a bit of activity going on in some of the empty shops around Colwyn Bay at present.  The old Woolworths, the former Age Cymru shop, the shop on Princes Drive that used to be a newsagents but more recently was Bastable Upholstery and the shop next door to Magna Kitchens on Abergele Road all appear have work taking place.  There's no sign that any are about to reoccupied, this could just be landlords trying to make their properties more attractive, but at least they aren't being left to rot.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Linda

« Reply #593 on: February 05, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »
Rumour has it at the moment that the Woolworths building is being taken by bargain booze and Subway, a bit disapointing as i think a decent retailer would have been better for the town. On the other hand at the moment just about sums up the centre. Its a shame some of the interesting  private retailers are further up Abergele road and the Station road area which is central has been let down.

Offline Linda

« Reply #594 on: February 06, 2014, 02:26:39 pm »
Rumour has it at the moment that the Woolworths building is being taken by bargain booze and Subway, a bit disapointing as i think a decent retailer would have been better for the town. On the other hand at the moment just about sums up the centre. Its a shame some of the interesting  private retailers are further up Abergele road and the Station road area which is central has been let down.
Today confirmed Subway and bargain booze are interested in Colwyn bays old Woolworths site. I suppose better than an empty building. Also a Pizza outlet on station road in the Indian restaraunt.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #595 on: February 06, 2014, 06:47:05 pm »
bargain booze are interested in Colwyn bays old Woolworths site. I suppose better than an empty building.
I'd tend to disagree. Subway is fine, but the last thing Colwyn Bay needs is another source of discounted alcohol!!

Offline Linda

« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:07 am »
bargain booze are interested in Colwyn bays old Woolworths site. I suppose better than an empty building.
I'd tend to disagree. Subway is fine, but the last thing Colwyn Bay needs is another source of discounted alcohol!!
Yes just meant the building wont be left in a state but I know exactly what you mean, my post should have reflected that .Bargain booze in prime position isnt a good look nor will it enhance that bit of town at all. Hope it doesnt add to more drinking on the streets after the pubs close.  Just seems a strange building for that sort of setup. I wouldnt have thought Bargain booze would need that size of premises. I bet the pubs down there will be worried.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:36 am »
There's already a Bargain Booze in Abergele Road so presumably if they move into the old Woolies that existing branch will close...so one shop gets filled but another gets vacated.  I don't think the new outlet would cause any problems that don't already exist given that the existing branch is no more than two minutes walk away from where the new branch will be (and there are other places nearby selling cheap booze - Home Bargains, Morrisons, Spar, etc),  but from a personal point of view as a bloke who works in Colwyn Bay I had hoped for a new shop I can browse in to kill a few minutes at lunchtime  :(.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline poppy

« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2014, 11:59:56 am »
Woolworths was a huge store on 2 floors. The space will be wasted on a stop off for booze and a butty.  &shake&

Offline BMD

« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »