Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202611 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2012, 11:10:12 am »
What is not clear is why these changes seem to be brought in with almost indecent haste given that changes were already planned for December in the normal course of events.

Seeing as we've known about them for a few weeks and they're still a month away I guess your interpretation of indecent haste is very different to mine. There are generally timetable changes in mid September (this is when the Sunday service to the Llandudno & Blaenau Ffestiniog branch lines is withdrawn) but they are usually very minor. ATW this year have obviously had a bit of a fiddle to try to please the politicians by sending a Cardiff train in at the expense of a Manchester one. Changes like this happen occasionally but they tend to be cyclic and we invariably end up where we started a year or so down the line. It's happened with previous Cardiff & London services over the last few years.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:15 pm »
I did say almost indecent haste. My real point is there has been very limited opportunity for rail users to make any comment because the consultation seems less than adequate compared with, say, bus timetable changes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Any news on our eyesore off a station.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2012, 07:40:38 am »
Is the station project starting in October or just announcing who is doing it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »
The last update I heard was 'Contracts to be awarded in October'

I questioned at the time whether this really constituted rapid progress.
It all depends then on what other projects the successful bidders are working on! 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:37 pm »
Having just visited Grand Central,New York it got me thinking how is our GRAND station plans going,im not expecting any marble or chandaleers just a date will do.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42:24 pm »
Every time I meet someone at the Station, I always open the conversation by apologising for the state of it.  ???

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »
Every time I meet someone at the Station, I always open the conversation by apologising for the state of it.  ???

I have the same experience with customers in regard to the pier, the pavilion site, closed down shops, etc, etc....  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2012, 07:36:58 am »
Its very worrying that no one seems to know anything about who has been awarded the station project,we all know it has taken twelve years to get this far and the last date for a start was September althought they had;nt even choozen the builder,yet nothing seems to be said in the press and the saga goes on.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »
Its very worrying that no one seems to know anything about who has been awarded the station project,we all know it has taken twelve years to get this far and the last date for a start was September althought they had;nt even choozen the builder,yet nothing seems to be said in the press and the saga goes on.

The Daily Post are on the case for you. They'll either answer here or pass on a message to me

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
Good work, Dwsi.  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:24 pm »
Im sure Judith will have something too report on Thursday on the great station plot.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »
It took me five and a half hours to travel by train from Aberystwyth to Llandudno  on Monday.  I can get to Edinburgh three countries away in four and a half.  Once the new station is built and don't hold your collective breath I think Trundleiva and Virgin should be given the grand order of the boot and better transportation in Wales provided it's like the third world!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:16 pm »
Hey, hold on, India has one of the best railway systems in the world----most of it built b the British. Mike

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »
hi Mike, Hope your well, had a walk up to see you today, then i thought you may be closed for the winter. Are you off to India again to ride on the best rail lines even if the trains are a little crowded, or so I'm told.