Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202593 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »
It came in at 13:50, it will be back at 19:07 departing at 19:12
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ann Greeman

« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2012, 08:35:00 am »
I have been told it did indeed return SDQ, departed Llandudno at 1910.All done safe and sound because EVERYONE followed the rules. Its quite simple really !
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »
I went to see it go,very nice engine,South Africa it was called,you could of had at least another two carriages on it though.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2012, 05:11:15 pm »
So how many carriages where there, wrex?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:42 pm »
Diesel at the back and i think nine carriages

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:41 pm »
So a steam engine called ‘South Africa’ hauling nine carriages plus a diesel at the rear.

In your opinion, wrex, there was room in the station for another two carriages without it going past the signal.

Is that correct?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2012, 09:38:55 pm »
I went to see it go,very nice engine,South Africa it was called,you could of had at least another two carriages on it though.
Diesel at the back and i think nine carriages

You've just contradicted yourself, you know the maximum capacity is a loco +9 so therefore you could not have had at least another two carriages on as it would have been too long!
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2012, 09:14:33 am »
October start date now!

Llandudno railway station: Reassurance on £5.4m revamp

A Welsh government minister says a multimillion-pound scheme to refurbish Llandudno's railway station remains on track.

Construction work was due to start this summer, but with no sign of that happening there has been local speculation about its future.

Transport Minister Carl Sargeant said there had been some difficulties, but those had now been sorted out.

Contracts for the work will now be awarded by October.

The scheme includes new shops and toilets, refurbished platforms and ticket areas, as well as an upgrade of the customer information system, and a new car park.

Mr Sargeant said the scheme was being delivered under the Wales station improvement programme

In a letter to Aberconwy AM Janet Finch-Saunders, he said there had been "some complexities with the EU grant scheme," but these had now been resolved.

A final review is being undertaken, with the aim of letting the contract by autumn, he added.

Ms Finch-Saunders said she was thrilled to hear everything was on track: "People in Llandudno and the wider locality have high expectations for the project.

"This is a very important scheme which has potential to breathe new life into our antiquated infrastructure and will bring immense benefits to Llandudno," she added.

Network Rail said because contracts had not been signed it was unable to release details about the costs for the various parts of the scheme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-19160313

Offline dwsi

« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
Which October?  ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2012, 09:22:13 am »

A Welsh government minister says a multimillion-pound scheme to refurbish Llandudno's railway station remains on track.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-19160313

That is until someone puts a sleeper across the track and derails it.     :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2012, 09:27:22 am »
I was talking to my manager about this the other day & he says he's heard that they're due to start removing the track in platforms 4 & 5 by the end of August in preparation for the scheme to begin so I guess that's the first sign to look out for.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2012, 12:49:37 am »
'Contracts will be awarded in October'

That doesn't sound like a firm commitment for any actual work getting done?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2012, 08:58:05 pm »
How long will it take for things too get going from the contracts being awarded and work starting,officials must have known that work could not start in september but where still happy to tell us that date,we have fallen for this bull for years.

Offline Jack

« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »
How long will it take for things too get going from the contracts being awarded and work starting,officials must have known that work could not start in september but where still happy to tell us that date,we have fallen for this bull for years.

Until detailed plans have been drawn up then you can't put it out to tender as contractors can't put a price on it. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »
Ive seen pretty detailed plans, so there should be minimal delay once the final go-ahead is given.