Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202656 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46:57 am »
This time next Saturday i will be sat on a special train bound for Scarborough,i will be leaving our delightful station and heading hopefully to a real seaside town,while my wife will be admiring shop windows  i will be admiring their station,their flower beds,grass verges sad i know buti really am disgusted at the uncut grass all over Llandudno,if you have;nt noticed get off your backside this weekend ,pretend you are a tourist for the day and see how it is presented.Just imagine its your first visit then come home and tell your family what you saw,that is your homework for the weekend(councillors need not apply,its all your mess).I will take photos of Scarborough and we will compare,i will get it through to you that this town is being neglected big style by both CCBC and our own could;nt give a damn town council.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2012, 07:16:34 am »
Why don't you take all the Councillors to Scarborough with you  -  and leave them there!   Maybe a bit a bracing ozone from the direction of Scandinavia will sharpen their brains.     D)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »
This time next Saturday i will be sat on a special train bound for Scarborough,i will be leaving our delightful station and heading hopefully to a real seaside town,while my wife will be admiring shop windows  i will be admiring their station,their flower beds,grass verges sad i know buti really am disgusted at the uncut grass all over Llandudno,if you have;nt noticed get off your backside this weekend ,pretend you are a tourist for the day and see how it is presented.Just imagine its your first visit then come home and tell your family what you saw,that is your homework for the weekend(councillors need not apply,its all your mess).I will take photos of Scarborough and we will compare,i will get it through to you that this town is being neglected big style by both CCBC and our own could;nt give a damn town council.

Hey Wrex, there is a lot wrong with Scarborough.
Mrs Fester and I used to go there nearly every weekend, until fate brought us back to Llandudno after a long absence.
We never looked back.
I will never regret that, Llandudno is a million times more friendly and welcoming than Scarborough.
They have invested a lot in the North Bay leisure areas in the last few years, but apart from the lovely seafood stalls in South Bay, the pubs are a bit tatty, a LOT rough .... and the views are nowhere near as good as Llandudno.
The train station is well maintained, but there is nothing special about the town centre.
Weatherspoons, Wilkinson's, Home Bargains, Yates Wines etc.... like most other towns.

Conwy Castle kicks the ass of Scarborough's ruined relic any day of the week.

There should be at least one fresh seafood and shellfish outlet in Llandudno... (supplied by Mermaid?) ... the produce round here is second to none!

If you spend a week in Scarborough, you will be glad to get home to Llandudno!  (Bring me a crab back mate)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »
Only going on a train excursion for the day Fester,we all know this town is brilliant, especially when it is maintained properly,all im going to cheque is if the council maintain the gardens there thats all,i might ask what their xmas lights are like though.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2012, 12:06:57 am »
If you make your way to Peasholm Park, you will find it beautifully maintained,with a very enticing boating lake and various attractions.

But, that is a fair old walk from the train station. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2012, 09:29:26 am »
Hi Fester,

Its a railway station not a train station.

We are not America ......yet !

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »
Hi Fester,

Its a railway station not a train station.

We are not America ......yet !

It's 'cos it's a station for trains as opposed to buses or trams or casualties or first-aid etc.    It's exactly what it says on the tin!      L0L    _))*
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:32 pm »
Shouldn't it be called a Train Stop then?  :twoface:

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2012, 05:04:30 pm »
It used to be Railway Station on the tin and I am not aware people had trouble understanding that.

Why do we have to copy the Americans all the timet was alright as it was.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »
I always thought it was railway station but maybe I'm just old!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
I've always known it as railway station, but I have no problem with train station either  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »
Shouldn't it be called a Train Stop then?  :twoface:

What about THROUGH Trains?    ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:27 pm »

Gorsaf Rheilffordd.   $walesflag$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »
Ydw i'n newid tren i Rhyl?   $walesflag$
Cicero

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2012, 09:37:53 pm »
Train is usually a noun accompanied by an adjective eg camel train, land train, railway train, etc; so it seems to me it should be railway station.  It's one of those irritations like the dropping of the apostrophe.
Getting back on topic, I hear the "wrex express" will not be departing Llandudno on Saturday but full marks to Arriva they will honour the tickets to connect at the Junction.  It seems a new guy at Network Rail has vetoed 10 coach trains from using Llandudno.