Author Topic: Carlos Tevez  (Read 10862 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Carlos Tevez
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
Shame !!

Offline Hugo

Re: Carlos Tevez
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
I hope that Man City can sort out Carlos Tevez once and for all.  All those excuses he's made about missing his family and wanting to be near them is a load of b*££****.   Last year he was moaning about the same thing and City gave him a week's compassionate leave to help him see his family and what did he do?
He had a week's holiday in Tenerife with his girlfriend.  That says a lot about the guy!     :o

Offline Jack

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:42 pm »
Five years in the country playing for West Ham, United and City; never bothered to learn any English and still needs an interpreter.  A real football mercenary and is the prime example of everything that is wrong with modern football and their obscene wages.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:53:09 pm »
If Carlos Tevez doesn't want to play in Europe perhaps he should have signed for Liverpool.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 02:28:40 pm »
That's not very nice Bri    :o        but we'll be back soon.  $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »
  A very diplomatic response Hugo. I'll go a bit stronger------bl---dy Everton supporter having a laugh!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 01:27:50 pm »
 It's worse than that Ormegolf,  I'm thinking Bri's been eating his Prawn sandwiches at another ground!   :roll:

I suppose licking the "Toffees"  2-0 on their own ground is a step in the right direction though.    &well&

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:01:46 pm »
Hugo, had the toffees been allowed to play with 11 men then the result may have been completely different.  *&(

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »
Bri, they should have been playing with 9 men because Cahill should have gone too and then we'd have scored a lot more.      $yes$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:15 am »
Hugo, we shall have to wait and see if the FA agree with you.

Everton have lodged an appeal with the Football Association against Jack Rodwell's sending off in Saturday's Merseyside derby defeat by Liverpool.

The 20-year-old midfielder was shown a straight red card by referee Martin Atkinson for his first-half tackle on Luis Suarez.

After the game Everton manager David Moyes said Atkinson's decision was wrong and that it "ruined the game".

Rodwell faces a three-match ban if Everton's appeal is not successful.

Chief executive Robert Elstone said: "Following a review of the video evidence we believe the decision to be wrong and we will be contacting the FA requesting that the red card is rescinded."

If Rodwell does serve a ban he would miss the Premier League and Carling Cup games against Chelsea and the trip to Fulham later this month.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 07:15:40 am »
bri,s forget tevez ,he did it at west ham /man u  fergie would have kept him but he knew , as for the dearby they want players/fans to show respect that ref was,nt even a joke ,on the way to the ground we heard when ref was name the betting went from 10 /1 to 4/1 on a send off it was only last week kenny was moanin about the refs and this week ,i see nothing hu , anyway hugo thought you were a manc fan lol.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
Hugo may be right, you just don't know.

Anyway, norman08, this afternoon's decision by the FA certainly takes the shine off Liverpool's success last Saturday, don't you think?

Everton's Jack Rodwell wins appeal over red card

Rodwell was shown a straight red card for his tackle on Luis Suarez Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell has won his appeal against the red card shown to him against Liverpool on Saturday.

Rodwell was sent off by referee Martin Atkinson 23 minutes into the Merseyside derby for a challenge on Luis Suarez.

The decision infuriated Everton boss David Moyes as his side went on to lose 2-0 at Goodison Park.

The Football Association (FA) decided to withdraw the suspension and Rodwell will now be available for Everton's next three domestic fixtures.

The Toffees face Chelsea on 15 October, Fulham on 23 October and Chelsea in the Carling Cup on 26 October.

Rodwell had originally received a red card for serious foul play for his tackle on Reds striker Suarez.

After the match, Toffees boss David Moyes expressed his shock at Atkinson's decision.

"I thought it ruined the game," said the Scot.

"I would have been disappointed if it had been a free-kick. I don't think anyone in this world thought it was a sending off."

Everton's chief executive Robert Elstone welcomed the overturning of Rodwell's red card but said it meant little in the wake of a defeat.

"Whilst we welcome the correct decision the FA panel has reached, it's of course an outcome which will provide little consolation whatsoever to the 37,000 Evertonians packed into Goodison on Saturday to watch the 2-0 defeat," he commented.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 04:51:52 pm »
Norman08, you are right about Tevez, the guy is just a mercenary and in it just for the money.  There's a few more like him around unfortunately and the Bosman ruling has helped to create it. Man City though are one of only a few clubs that he can't hold to ransom so I hope that they don't make it too easy for him.
I was a Man Utd supporter in my younger days but changed my allegiance when I saw what they were doing to their own supporters and then supported the great Leeds Utd team of the 1970's nowadays I support three teams including Liverpool and Arsenal.

Bri, I'm only winding you up.  It wasn't a red card tackle as events have proved and the ref Atkinson should be banned from refereeing for an indefinite period. He was so inconsistent throughout and as I've said before Cahill's tackle was much worse.  It spoilt the game as Everton reverted to clogging to try and stop Liverpool from playing football.   The result would probably have been the same even if Everton had 11 players but we'll never know for sure.
I'm sure that there were rumour's about you eating Prawn sandwiches at a ground further down the East Lancs road    ???

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »
Hugo, I have never eaten a prawn sandwich in my life but you may be correct with your guess where I have owned a season ticket for the past 25 years although I cannot afford to use it myself these days.  ¢¢##

You have supported Man Utd, Leeds Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.   $good$

Have you not considered supporting Man City and Chelsea for a full house?

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »
don't be silly bri he,s seen the light and started to support the best team in the northern hemesphere