Author Topic: Crime and criminals  (Read 246126 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Crime and criminals
« Reply #840 on: March 04, 2016, 11:05:10 am »
Amen to that, Brutha!  $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2016, 01:57:30 pm »
People convicted of drink driving in Thailand will have to serve time working in the Morgue!
Innovative idea.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36025937
Fester...

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #842 on: June 02, 2016, 09:16:39 am »
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #843 on: June 02, 2016, 10:28:00 am »
That is justice for you.       $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2016, 09:23:27 am »
A somewhat unusual crime story from the Daily Post archives:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/corpse-mutilating-gwynedd-vicars-story-11530725

Corpse mutilating Gwynedd vicar's story to feature in new TV series
19:00, 27 JUN 2016
BY ERYL CRUMP

A bizarre crime carried out by a man of the cloth which left a rural town appalled is to feature in a TV programme.

In 1985, Rev Emyr Owen, the minister of Bethesda Chapel in Tywyn was jailed for four years for mutilating three corpses and for sending death threats to people in North Wales in anonymous letters.

The case made national headlines and is featured in the programme Y Ditectif on S4C tomorrow night.

The clergyman was found to have severed the penises of the bodies after they had been laid out in the chapel of rest.

He was caught after police carried out an investigation into anonymous letters including one letter threatening to kill a woman’s four-year-old granddaughter.

In the programme former Detective Constable Gwyn Roberts recalls his time working on the case and explains how Emyr Owen was caught.

He says the well-respected preacher explained he had an evil side to his personality.

Former detective Gwyn Roberts, who investigated the case of Rev Emyr OwenFormer detective Gwyn Roberts, who investigated the case of Rev Emyr Owen

DC Roberts said: "Emyr Owen told me at the time that he was glad that he’d been caught. He said the ‘bad’ Emyr had now gone and that he would never return.

“Looking back at those years - I’m so glad we caught him before he did something worse. We’ll never know exactly what he did and unfortunately he took his secrets to his grave,” he said.

Police found photo negatives of dismembered genitalia arranged on plates at Owen’s home. The Welsh Presbyterian minister then admitted severing the private parts of three male bodies.

The programme features an old interview with Emyr Owen himself after he was released from prison. Vaughan Hughes, the producer, recalls his interview with the minister.

Mr Hughes said: “One of the questions I asked him was simply - why? Why did he carry out such deeds?

“And his response and shocking justification was that men should go to heaven without their sex organs.“

Vaughan Hughes reveals that he had also been a victim of Emyr Owen’s threats.

“In my case, after the programme was aired, Emyr Owen started phoning my home and would make threats. It wasn’t very nice,” he added.

Emyr Owen died in Llandudno in 2001 aged 78.

Y Ditectif is on S4C at 9.30pm on Tuesday, June 28.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2016, 10:23:01 am »
Sounds completely bonkers!  :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:05 am »
Buffet lunch anyone? :o ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #847 on: June 28, 2016, 03:02:31 pm »
Buffet lunch anyone? :o ;D

I'll pass on the cocktail sausages, if it's all the same.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #848 on: June 28, 2016, 03:35:23 pm »
...and the pigs in blankets?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #849 on: July 07, 2016, 02:22:47 pm »
We talked a while back, about the younger generation following in the footsteps of bad parents and poor education, but I have to say this shocked me.................

More than an estimated 7,000 North Wales schoolchildren have a parent in prison, according to new figures.

The disturbing data released by Wrexham Council also showed 65% of boys with a convicted father across the region are likely to offend themselves.
Figures emerged as council chiefs begin to head up a scheme to break the cycle of intergenerational offending in families.

The bid will be launched in tandem with the opening of Wrexham's new super prison which will help run the initiative.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/more-7000-north-wales-schoolchildren-11574937

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #850 on: July 07, 2016, 04:57:20 pm »
What Steve?  You were shocked it was such a low figure?
I agree, we need to build much bigger prisons judging by what I see all day long.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #851 on: July 07, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »
What Steve?  You were shocked it was such a low figure?
I agree, we need to build much bigger prisons judging by what I see all day long.

Seriously I was shocked, It's not something I have thought about before, but that figure in relation to North Wales seemed high, perhaps my life is to sheltered.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #852 on: July 08, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »
I'm in receipt of an RAF pension which is conditional on my good behaviour. If the same condition was imposed on the State Benefits paid to these miscreants we would soon see a drop in the offending rate and in the meanwhile just like Fester suggested, build bigger Prisons $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #853 on: July 08, 2016, 09:02:49 pm »
I'm in receipt of an RAF pension which is conditional on my good behaviour.

B. I was surprised by your statement, I was unaware of these conditions applicable after leaving service, can you please explain further.    $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #854 on: July 09, 2016, 11:37:40 am »
I believe that the same conditions apply to one of my pensions too although I have not taken the time to read the terms and conditions attached to the pension.   
I'm with Fester and Blongb on this though as we now have second and third generations of scroungers who know that there is no deterrent that can be taken against them at present.