Author Topic: Crime and criminals  (Read 246147 times)

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
Re: Proceeds of Crime.
« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2015, 08:53:47 pm »
Couldn't be more pleased fro them.

Creamer ripped a company I was working for, off for a couple of hundred quid, about 15 years ago.
We had sign written a van for him and we were waiting for him to come and pick it up. He called about 6pm and said he was delayed on a job and couldn't get to us but needed the van at 5 in the morning to get to another job, would we leave the keys under the seat and he would pick it up later, as it would save us hanging around and he would post the money through our postbox.

Surprise, surprise, no money was posted.

After many ignored phone calls, he called in and said one of the letters had 'fallen off' after jet washing the van, so he was refusing to pay. On inspection, we could see where one missing letter had been scratched off the van, as he had managed to scratch the paint off as well.

We fixed the letter that had 'washed off' and he said he would drop cash off later, as he was now happy with the job.

Surprise, surprise, we never saw him again.

Offline Mr Tunnock

Re: Crime and criminals
« Reply #796 on: January 17, 2015, 09:57:17 am »
It seems the amount to pay back is "only" £448k and not £930k.
The £930k was the amount the court decided they had benefited out of the fraud.
That's alright then!
This is the original report from their trial,
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/seven-jailed-major-mortgage-fraud-2738666

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #797 on: January 17, 2015, 10:59:16 am »
On this day in 1899 Al Capone was born.
 Z**

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #798 on: January 17, 2015, 11:10:31 am »
On this day in 1899 Al Capone was born.
 Z**

So was Neville Shute the Author.   ZXZ

Muhammad Ali was also 17 Jan,  but in 1942   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

Re: Proceeds of Crime.
« Reply #799 on: January 17, 2015, 12:20:30 pm »
Couldn't be more pleased fro them.

Creamer ripped a company I was working for, off for a couple of hundred quid, about 15 years ago.
We had sign written a van for him and we were waiting for him to come and pick it up. He called about 6pm and said he was delayed on a job and couldn't get to us but needed the van at 5 in the morning to get to another job, would we leave the keys under the seat and he would pick it up later, as it would save us hanging around and he would post the money through our postbox.

Surprise, surprise, no money was posted.

After many ignored phone calls, he called in and said one of the letters had 'fallen off' after jet washing the van, so he was refusing to pay. On inspection, we could see where one missing letter had been scratched off the van, as he had managed to scratch the paint off as well.

We fixed the letter that had 'washed off' and he said he would drop cash off later, as he was now happy with the job.

Surprise, surprise, we never saw him again.

Surely you could have made a Claim through the Small Claims Track of the County Court?  Bit late bringing the matter up now!     WWW
Cicero

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #800 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:06 pm »
"So was Neville Shute the Author.   ZXZ

Muhammad Ali was also 17 Jan,  but in 1942   :D"

This thread is the crime and criminal thread Yorkie.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #801 on: January 17, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »
As for taking  Mr Creamer to court it would be a brave person for the sake of a hundred pounds or so, I say that regrettably.

" A BUILDER must serve 14 months in jail after being found guilty of intimidating
 a chef into withdrawing a statement to police about an alleged assault. Michael John Creamer, 46, of Conwy, had denied trying to get Gary John Jones, then chef at the Maelgwyn pub in Llandudno Junction, to withdraw a complaint that the defendant's associate had punched him. "

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #802 on: January 17, 2015, 07:39:43 pm »

This thread is the crime and criminal thread Yorkie.

Over the years almost every thread on this Forum has suffered from deviation, repetition and hesitation.  May I offer my 'umble apologies to all who have found my comment upsetting and especially if it has spoilt their experience in reading this particular thread.  I shall make an effort to obey the etiquette of the Forum in future.
 $thanx$  For bringing the matter to my attention!   _))*

P.s.  Remind me please, what has Al Capone's Birth Anniversary got to do with the subject under discussion? 
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #803 on: January 17, 2015, 09:10:58 pm »
As for taking  Mr Creamer to court it would be a brave person for the sake of a hundred pounds or so, I say that regrettably.

If everyone took that attitude the Criminals would have a field day!   *punch*
Cicero

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #804 on: January 19, 2015, 09:40:10 am »
"If everyone took that attitude the Criminals would have a field day!"

Yorkie, believe me when I say you would not want him or more to the point one of his associates calling around to explain things, I personally know of a person who this happened to and it's not a pleasant tale to recount and yes before you ask the police were involved.
As you can see this is not hearsay but the  man has a conviction and jail term for intimidating a witness.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #805 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:32 am »

Yorkie, believe me when I say you would not want him or more to the point one of his associates calling around to explain things, I personally know of a person who this happened to and it's not a pleasant tale to recount and yes before you ask the police were involved.
As you can see this is not hearsay but the  man has a conviction and jail term for intimidating a witness.

Of course you are totally unaware that I do know the person in question, have met him on a number of occasions and have not found anything about him to dislike.   The World is made up of many different individuals and crime is committed by everyone from Tinpot Dictators, Parliamentarians, Councillors, Doctors, Schoolteachers, and every other branch of Society.  Is it our right to condemn them all, where but for the Grace of God we could have followed a similar road?
Mr C has paid, and is still paying, his debt to Society and is unlikely to repeat past misdemeanours. Allow him to make a fresh start without constantly regurgitating the past.

Cicero

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #806 on: January 19, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
That's very admirable Yorkie, let's hope that your belief in him is vindicated.   Only time will tell.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #807 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:40 am »
Is it our right to condemn them all, where but for the Grace of God we could have followed a similar road?
What has the 'grace of God' got to do with defrauding mortgage companies? The person in question chose to be a criminal, simple as that. He wasn't stealing food to feed his family, the offences were committed purely out of sheer greed.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #808 on: January 19, 2015, 12:49:11 pm »

Of course you are totally unaware that I do know the person in question, have met him on a number of occasions and have not found anything about him to dislike.   The World is made up of many different individuals and crime is committed by everyone from Tinpot Dictators, Parliamentarians, Councillors, Doctors, Schoolteachers, and every other branch of Society.  Is it our right to condemn them all, where but for the Grace of God we could have followed a similar road?
Mr C has paid, and is still paying, his debt to Society and is unlikely to repeat past misdemeanours. Allow him to make a fresh start without constantly regurgitating the past.

That's odd. On September 10th 2014 you claimed to not personally know Mr Creamer but now say that you do in fact know him and have met him on a number of occasions?
You must have been very busy with him over the last four months!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #809 on: January 19, 2015, 04:58:10 pm »
SDQ, exactly, you have hit the nail on the head!  When have you or DaveR met him?  Or are you just repeating what you have heard or read in the sensationalist Media?
Cicero