Author Topic: Crime and criminals  (Read 246098 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Crime and criminals
« Reply #675 on: March 05, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #676 on: March 05, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »
as i said born to run i detest anyone that spits at someone, not all benefit people wear tracksuits anyway ,the biggest cheats are so called millionaires,  do you know of this couple .

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #677 on: March 05, 2014, 03:04:07 pm »
"who will pay it ,US the tax payer,never worked and never will"

How do you know this?

as i said born to run i detest anyone that spits at someone, not all benefit people wear tracksuits anyway ,the biggest cheats are so called millionaires,  do you know of this couple .

It'll be interesting to see if Norman's correct but their yobbish behaviour is unacceptable anyway whether they are on benefits or not.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #678 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »

I don't know them no. Agree about the spitting it isn't nice, but I just wondered and still do how you know they are on benefits?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #679 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:18 am »

I don't know them no. Agree about the spitting it isn't nice, but I just wondered and still do how you know they are on benefits?

I'm surprised that you are still wondering about Norman's comments about the couple being on benefits.    Perhaps his logical and educated assumption is just based on the comments recorded in the paper.
We all make assumptions, sometimes without the full information.   Perhaps this single 21 year old mother of two who lives in social housing is a financially independant person who doesn't rely on benefits or perhaps her younger brother may be an extremely hard working person who supports himself and his sister and the children financially.
I assume that it will become clearer in due course but back in the real world if I were a betting person then I know where my bets would be placed

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #680 on: March 06, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »
Interesting one. What concerns me is the fine example being set by this woman for her children.  In Sociological terms this is probably a closed circle, whereby the offspring will be reared to believe that adults throwing tantrums and committing criminal offences in public is the correct way to behave.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:48 pm »

.   Perhaps this single 21 year old mother of two who lives in social housing

The article states neither of these, and as you said it doesn't matter whether they are on benefits or not, so why bring that into it in the first place? Being on benefits isn't a crime. I think Norman made an assumption based on zero facts, because he believes that someone who committed a crime such as this could only possibly be a benefits claimant. He is wrong.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »
not wrong at all born to run ,as i know of them ,hugo if i see you on our walks i will enlighten you,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #683 on: March 06, 2014, 04:20:28 pm »
Thanks Norman,  that link that Dave posted isn't the only one on this incident and everything is on a computer somewhere.      This type of incident is unacceptable in a decent society and even BTR agrees with that!    As to the possible punishment then I expect no more than a slap on the wrist for the female with perhaps community service for the male.
Arriva though should put a long ban on this couple travelling in their vehicles.
Where did BTR get this from    "because he believes that someone who committed a crime such as this could only possibly be a benefits claimant. He is wrong  "     You have never said anything of the sort, so is he making assumptions on what you could possibly be thinking?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #684 on: March 06, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #685 on: March 06, 2014, 06:12:43 pm »
That incident is horrific and the sentence was justified,  but this incident, although unacceptable is not as serious as that other one.   We'll just have to see what happens as to the sentence imposed on this charming pair.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #686 on: March 07, 2014, 02:34:14 pm »
Arriva though should put a long ban on this couple travelling in their vehicles.

I agree with Hugo, a life time ban from all Arriva Buses for the pair of them. After all every employee has the right to work without threat intimidation or violence from others.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #687 on: March 07, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »
The trouble is that this sort of thing happens to A & E staff regularly. What's the solution there?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #688 on: March 07, 2014, 06:15:37 pm »
The trouble is that this sort of thing happens to A & E staff regularly. What's the solution there?

Just refuse to help them and call the Police.   They don't deserve anything else.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #689 on: March 07, 2014, 08:03:33 pm »

Give them an injection of a size 10 boot up the rectum!   $smack$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero