Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 24851 times)

Ian

• Administrator
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
It was, but the camper was later released from Cumbria's hospital.

This is a tricky issue; we can't eliminate 'dangerous activities' unless everyone is confined to their houses in armchairs. Mountain climbing is dangerous, of course, but it's also good for us (not sure I feel that way about potholing :-) and we need managed risk to keep us healthy. What we don't need is those who venture out totally unprepared.

But it's an interesting topic.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #526 on: February 19, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »
Police bust secret party in North Wales with 'professional' lighting and fridge full of booze
Around 16 people from different households were found celebrating at a padlocked unit yesterday

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2021, 01:34:46 PM »
This is a tricky issue; we can't eliminate 'dangerous activities' unless everyone is confined to their houses in armchairs. Mountain climbing is dangerous, of course, but it's also good for us (not sure I feel that way about potholing :-) and we need managed risk to keep us healthy. What we don't need is those who venture out totally unprepared.
But it's an interesting topic.

I had a look at insurance cover, a bit complicated but, could be arranged, but probably only by responsible people, and not those who need it.?

This is from the GoCompere site........... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There's a wide variety of cover available, depending on the risk associated.
Walking in the Cotswolds is obviously considered a far lower-risk activity than scaling a particularly difficult high-altitude peak in the Antarctic, and this will be reflected in policies and premiums.

The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  offer a range of insurance to cover walking, trekking, rock climbing, abseiling, skiing and snowboarding through to climbing in remote and inaccessible regions.

Operated through ProSight Speciality Insurance, the benefits include not only liabilities and medical cover as well as loss and damage to equipment, but search and rescue expenses of up to £100,000.

Helig

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
The two campers in the Lake District had set out to do wild camping on a mountain for the night in sub zero temperatures. There was snow on the ground as well as icy conditions generally. It was asking for trouble to do that as well as being unlawful due to Covid restrictions. Their selfish stupidity has caused one of the rescuers to suffer life changing injuries and I heard he will never walk again. I hope they lose sleep for the rest of their lives.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »
The two campers in the Lake District had set out to do wild camping on a mountain for the night in sub zero temperatures. There was snow on the ground as well as icy conditions generally. It was asking for trouble to do that as well as being unlawful due to Covid restrictions. Their selfish stupidity has caused one of the rescuers to suffer life changing injuries and I heard he will never walk again. I hope they lose sleep for the rest of their lives.

I like this from the articles many comments...........

"Name and Shame these iresposible idiots. This country is too soft."

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #530 on: February 20, 2021, 04:26:56 PM »
Police catch 'large volumes' of motorists breaking lockdown by heading to Welsh beauty spots
Some were caught with no licence or insurance.     Let's hope that in those incidents the cars were seized and the offenders were made to make their own way home       $good$

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »
London yesterday       

click to enlarge.......

Three Towns Forum - Talk about Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy

« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »