Author Topic: Consumer news and scams  (Read 126401 times)

Offline SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Consumer news and scams
« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2021, 09:50:51 AM »
Census reminder letters spark fears of scam - but ONS says they are genuine
The Office of National Statistics have told people who receive a reminder not to worry if they have completed the survey already

Social media has been awash with complaints from families worried they might be liable for £1,000 fines even though they have completed the Census.

full details  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #661 on: April 12, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »
If you’re ever unsure about a communication you’ve received from TV Licensing, it’s always best to ask someone – perhaps a friend, family member, or for more help, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Brits have been issued an urgent scam warning over their BBC TV Licence which could see them lose out on hundreds in hard-earned cash.

On the TV licencing website, TV Licence payees are warned of fraudulent communications form scammers looking to steal personal details and outlines the signs to look out for to avoid being scammed.

TV Licencing says it will always use your full name and/or part of your postcode in emails and will never use the phrase “Dear Customer”.

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DVT

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #662 on: April 23, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »
I changed my iPhone earlier this week.

Since then I have had three phone calls on my landline, not the mobile, from 07869 334620 with a computer message saying that Amazon is charging me £399 and my new iPhone will be despatched shortly.

Googling that phone number tells is me it is the "Track FedEx package" line (I have not pressed the link).

Does seem rather coincidental that I am getting the calls when I have just acquired a new phone (from Vodafone).

Surely not a coincidence?