Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 352215 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1455 on: January 03, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
I dread to think what this council are going to allow Anwyll to build on there, this council and planning dept are shocking.

Offline Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1456 on: January 03, 2021, 12:12:49 PM »
They are my thoughts too Norman.    I don't know if you have seen any planning Committee meetings on line this year but the one I saw was a farce and I'll tell you about it when I see you again as it is prudent for me not to post it online
All those letters of objections are never seen by the Councillors.    The Planning Officer at CCBC  will make notes of the objections and show them only like bullet points to the Councillors

Years ago when we had a controversial application in our street we held a meeting in a resident's house and it was attended by an MP and MEP on invitation.    We then wrote two objection letters one to the CCBC and the other was delivered personally to each and every Councillor on the Planning Committee.
The developers have meetings with the Planning Officer beforehand to try and get round obstacles in their way and by the end of it are on first name terms with the Planning Officer
We were lucky that time and the application was refused

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1457 on: January 03, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »
Yes I've looked on line and I've attended a few meetings at bodlondeb what an eye opener, I don't think they liked the owner of the pavilion site every time he put plans in he got knocked back, one lot I seen looked OK on the drawings, but this Waldron seems to get away with things, good job Adam was able to knock him back.

Offline Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1458 on: January 03, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »
It's a shame that Adam Williams wasn't able to buy the site, Tuscons was under the Pavilion before and it was a great place to go to.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1459 on: January 03, 2021, 04:40:36 PM »
It certainly was, Hugo.

My worry is if Mr Waldron decides one day to buy the hotel next door, demolish it and submit a revised set of development plans encompassing both sites.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1460 on: January 03, 2021, 07:40:54 PM »
Can't really see that happening Brian, don't think he'd have the funds for that, more to this site than what is public. 🤔

Offline Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1461 on: January 04, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
I think that you are right Norman,  Waldron needs outside funding to continue with his project.       Interesting comment about the site and the public            ?{}?

Three Towns Forum - Talk about Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy

« Reply #1461 on: January 04, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »