Author Topic: Football  (Read 244435 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Football
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2022, 10:17:36 am »
The King and the Queen Consort have met Wrexham AFC's Hollywood co-owners on a visit to the area to celebrate its new city status.

The royal couple chatted with actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney and players on the pitch and learned about the football club's redevelopment.

King Charles and Queen Camilla were in Wrexham to formally confer city status.

cont / video https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63903853

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #646 on: January 23, 2023, 03:50:39 pm »
Everton sack Frank Lampard after just a year in charge.   I reckon my cousin Norman should apply for the job as player manager.  That No  08 shirt should fit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63610629

Offline mull

« Reply #647 on: January 24, 2023, 10:36:34 am »
Strange how no one is talking about the Russian elephant in the room.
What a mess.

Please we don't want Jack Duckworth as the next manager. Leeds reject.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #648 on: March 05, 2023, 09:25:03 pm »
                Liverpool 7     Man Utd 0
Football's a strange old game, an in form Utd go to Anfield and are thrashed 7 -0  to an out of form Liverpool team.     I'd love to hear what Fergie had to say about it
I'll watch it on Catchup tomorrow

Offline Hugo

« Reply #649 on: March 11, 2023, 05:28:24 pm »
                                Bournemouth 1   Liverpool  0
What a difference in less than a week, my brother a Man Utd supporter phoned me just to make sure that I knew the result and probably to rub it in too
Now I suppose I'll have to eat Humble Pie for the rest of the season

Offline SteveH

Re: Football.....Colwyn Bay
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2023, 10:09:57 am »
My Father and Grandfather will be smiling, both played for the team.

COLWYN Bay FC have secured the Cymru North title and sealed promotion to the Cymru Premier for the first time in the club's history.

The Seagulls won 2-0 at Penrhyncoch on Good Friday while title rivals Holywell Town were beaten 2-1 at home by Llandudno.

Craig Lindfield set the Bay on their way at Penrhyncoch with a goal in the first half.

Bay could and should have added to their tally but had to wait until late in the game to seal victory.

Matty Hill scored from the penalty spot for Bay?s 100th league goal of what has been a memorable campaign.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/colwyn_bay/23445141.colwyn-bay-promoted-welsh-top-flight-first-time/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline SteveH

Re: Football.............Llandudno FC new football pitch
« Reply #651 on: August 24, 2023, 09:48:44 am »
LLANDUDNO FC have put down an initial deposit for a new pitch to be installed at their home ground, nearly 10 months after last playing there.

The Cymru North side have been without a home pitch since around October, after UEFA and the FAW deemed the pitch at the OPS Wind Arena a health and safety hazard.

This forced the club to play away from home, placing them in financial jeopardy, which was followed by the departure of manager Sean Eardley and several players.

However, after extensive fundraising, and an innovative pitch bond scheme, the club has confirmed that they have secured an initial deposit for a replacement pitch.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/23743694.llandudno-fc-order-new-pitch-almost-10-months-away-home/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline Hugo

« Reply #652 on: September 04, 2023, 11:00:41 am »
That pitch is on the former Llandudno UDC  rubbish dump and was our home ground when I played football there over 60 years ago.  No H & S in those days but if anyone did have a cut sustained during the game then they had to go to the nearby Llandudno Hospital for treatment /     That was after the game had finished because we didn't have substitutes in those days

Offline Hugo

« Reply #653 on: September 04, 2023, 11:47:19 am »
         Liverpool 3     Aston Villa   0
I'm looking forward to seeing the game on catchup TV  and Mo Salah scored one goal and played a part in the other two but the game now seems to have gone crazy and is all about money now.
No matter how good a player is the money touted about now is obscene.   Saturday's Daily Mirror quotes a transfer fee of 200 million pounds if Mo Salah goes to Saudi and he will get a staggering one and a half million pounds in wages per week!.      It's a mad mad world   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66702460

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #654 on: September 04, 2023, 01:46:38 pm »
yes but think of the tax he will have to pay poor lad🤣🤣🤣

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #655 on: September 04, 2023, 02:43:45 pm »
No snowcap it?s all tax free. That?s why these players are going there. A nice little earner and they will have loopholes round the system if they come back here.   Football as we?ve known it has finished. 🥲.    But yes Hugo I will still go 😂😂

Offline Hugo

« Reply #656 on: September 04, 2023, 06:33:05 pm »
Yes tax free as Norman has said and who can blame them going there at this stage of their career, but it has spoilt the domestic game here.
You're one of the genuine supporters Norman,  you've stuck with Everton through thin and thin!     ;)

Offline SteveH

Re: Football...........Llandudno
« Reply #657 on: September 27, 2023, 10:09:20 am »
A NEW pitch is finally being installed at Llandudno FC?s stadium, after a year of uncertainty that nearly saw the end of the club.

The Cymru North side have been without a home pitch since around October, after UEFA and the FAW deemed the pitch at the OPS Wind Arena a health and safety hazard.

This forced the club to play away from home, placing them in financial jeopardy, which was followed by the departure of manager Sean Eardley and several players.

In August, the club confirmed that they had secured an initial deposit for a replacement pitch after extensive fundraising and an innovative pitch bond scheme.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/23814135.llandudno-fc-lay-new-pitch-year-struggle/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #658 on: September 29, 2023, 10:01:00 am »
Llandudno FC auctions extremely rare 'World Cup' watch as club fights for survival
The collector's item is likely to be of particular interest to Wales football fans

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-fc-auctions-extremely-rare-27801804?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline Hugo

« Reply #659 on: October 30, 2023, 03:32:06 pm »
                             Man Utd 0    Man City 3
I've just watched the game on I player and it was a great game if you're a City fan anyway.   One thing that happened during the game wouldn't have happened many times when Fergie was in charge and that wasn't losing but the fact that the away team got a penalty at Old Trafford!

Good wins too for Liverpool FC and Everton