Members' Lounge > Sport

Football

(1/139) > >>

Bellringer:
A short item in the Daily Post says that on this day in 1891 the first penalty kick in an English League football game was taken by Heath of Wolverhampton Wanderers against Accrington Stanley. Previously an infringement resulted only in a free kick for the wronged side.

Pity it did not add whether he was successful with the kick!

Bellringer:
So Wayne Rooney has now signed a new 5 year contract to stay at Man Utd.

I wonder what made him change his mind after all that has gone on and been said this week. Some people don't seem to know how well-off they are, especially top footballers.

TheMedz:
Now that Ronaldo has gone to Real Madrid I think the Man U company accounts, when they next  appear,  may just show one single player who's wages are clearly far in excess of all the others and significantly more than they were before he signed the new contract. I bet Everton are really naffed off. I think I read they were due to collect 25% of the difference between what United bought him for and the price they would have sold him at.

Hugo:
It was reported in the Daily Mirror that Wayne Rooney's wages plus his image rights for Man Utd   ???   come to £1 million per month!    :o
It's just obscene the amount that they get.

Bellringer:
And they managed to beat Stoke today 2-1 WITHOUT Rooney!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version