Author Topic: Old Deganwy Pictures  (Read 14115 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Old Deganwy Pictures
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »
Is it the white three storey house on the right as you go down the steps that your Nain and Taid lived in Bri?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »
No, that house immediately next to the steps was occupied by Mrs Williams aka Meggie Wells. Both houses were two and not three stories, Hugo.

My Taid and Nain lived next door to her until they passed away in 1956 and 1958 respectively after which my aunty and uncle lived there.

Down on the bottom road and underneath their home, Noel Morgan stored his stock for his painting and decorating business.

I can also add that 1955 was before John and Myra Hare ran Maggie Murphy’s.

Offline BrianP

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 04:41:15 pm »
I can remember playing inside a disused house as a small boy, just the other side of Maggie Murphys around 1960's, they were pulled down a few years later.
Brian

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »
Yes, there was a row of cottages between Maggies and Ty Mawr Road which were eventually demolished for an extension to the pub.

Brian, I think many local kids played in them all at one time or another.

Have you got any more pics of Tywyn?

Offline BrianP

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »
Brian,
I have another picture, it shows the shop called Fon Tom, which gave its name to the bus stop. The house next to Maggie Murphys is also on view.
Brian

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:17 pm »
Yes, I have that one.

In fact, I also have another one taken during the course of its demolition.

Brian, it may be possible for you to read ‘Fon Tom Emolution’ in chalk on the blackboard in the left hand window.

Offline ogh47

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
Deganwy Quay on a Sunday evening

Deganwy Quay early 60's

Quay at Deganwy

Deganwy quay full of railway coaches

these photos are my copyright ..via webshots ...the lower three are from my brother's collection and the first is  of my wife and my two daughters taking a stroll one Sunday evening along the quay .........how they have ended up on this website without my consent I don't know .......very upset ....one has no right to copy my photos without my knowledge ...makes me wonder how many more have been copied and pasted over the web ... I'm wondering now what action to take ....

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »
I can delete them if you like? I'm afraid its true to say that the the only way to prevent photos being copied on the Internet is not to put them on the Internet at all.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »
Whilst I am able to sympathise to some degree, I think it would be rather difficult to prove copyright to such general photographs.   A shot taken from the same (or nearby) position some time later (or even earlier) could appear to be identical and only very minute examination would show any similarity or difference.   The cost of discovering such evidence would be difficult to justify.
 ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline ogh47

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 02:57:20 am »
I have the the prints/negatives here at home ...no need to take them off here , just in future please acknowledge where one has obtained the photos would suffice not to cause offence .....

by the way , I have two membership names on here ...did not know all ex-members were transferred from the old Llandudno forum , my mistake ...I'll continue as ogh47 only and maybe admin can delete Gwyn Hughes .....sorry

Offline Suey

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:31 am »
The photo of Maggie Murphys  Pub and Tywyn Post Office on the left. I used to live in the post office, my parents changed the frontage of the post office in the late 60's/early 70's. It also had a bake house at the back of the building with an old fashioned oven in the wall. It was knocked down and made into storage and living space. The post office was previously owned by the William sisters who retired to live near Deganwy primary school.

Offline Suey

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 07:43:29 pm »
This picture is from 1955, showing the Castle View, from Life, photographer unknown

The post office was then bought off Williams', then the Ridding family took over the running and changed the frontage. It had a bake house at the back with an old fashioned oven. That was demolished and a storeroom and extension were added.