The Local > Local News & Discussion

Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)

(1/10) > >>

jml:
Recently I dropped off my partner to do some shopping on Mostyn Champneys retail park. Then went to the car wash (back off the old Halfords). Came back about 30 min later to pick her up.
Cost me £80 fine for returning within the hour. Even though I did not park there.
Anyone with similar experience?

Yorkie:
Don't pay or answer any correspondence.  It is only a civil action they can take and as you have not agreed to use their services by paying or in writing, no contract exists and therefore cannot be enforced.
    D)
Did you say you damaged one of your tyres in their potholes?  You can sue them for damages using the Small Claims procedure!    L0L

Incidently it is ANPR, Automatic Number Plate Recognition.   ;)

Merddin Emrys:
BBC Watchdog covered this sometime ago and I agree with Yorkie's advice

What also is  very annoying is that DVLA sell the car owner's details to the parking company, that should not be allowed!  $angry$

born2run:
Found an interesting topic in the forum of money saving expert

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3360572

ust a warning for anyone who might visit the Mostyn Champneys Retail Park in Llandudno, they've just given permission to the well-known bunch of cowboys from Parking Eye to scam shoppers who use the car park there.

If you get an invoice from Parking Eye (they can't "fine" you) the advice is don't pay and ignore any correspondance - there's a lot more advice and info here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

What I find annoying is the statement from Centre Manager about this - "Colin Gilligan, Centre Manager of Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, explains the background behind the new scheme: “Although we have recognised for some time that we are probably the most attractive parking location in the town – conveniently located and entirely free – we have also become aware of the growing number of non-shoppers who leave their vehicles for long periods, and at busy times deprive our genuine shoppers of a legitimate parking space."

I've been visiting Mostyn Champneys ever since it opened and never once in hundreds of visits have I not been able to find a space. Saturday afternoons, Christmas, Saturday afternoons at Christmas, you name it I've always had no trouble finding a space. Has anyone ever been there are left because they couldn't park? Speak now or forever hold your peace! This is little more than a money raising exercise for the owners of the retail park, although ultimately it will cost the tenants as shoppers are scared off and start to boycott the place.

SHAME ON YOU MOSTYN CHAMPNEYS!

n.b. Parc Llandudno just over the road also allow Parking Eye to rip off their customers as well so -

SHAME ON YOU PARC LLANDUDNO AS WELL!

martin:
Thanks for the information, just hope I never need it.  This sort of thing is bad for the retail park, bad for the retailers and bad for the town, why are operations like this allowed, it is little more than theft. $angry$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version