Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663525 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3765 on: May 28, 2013, 10:31:05 am »
Thank goodness It didn't happen when the Extravaganza was on!

An excellent reason as to why the Extravaganza should be held outside the town centre!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3766 on: May 28, 2013, 11:04:35 am »
Thinking about it, the Alexandra Hotel could have been accessed by fire engines via the one lane of Mostyn St that was kept clear of stalls & rides, coming up from Bog Island.

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #3767 on: May 28, 2013, 12:00:16 pm »
Just been reading Alexandra Hotel Trip Advisor.
Managers comments read like the Llandudno version of Basil Fawlty.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3768 on: May 28, 2013, 06:40:01 pm »
Thinking about it, the Alexandra Hotel could have been accessed by fire engines via the one lane of Mostyn St that was kept clear of stalls & rides, coming up from Bog Island.

And demolishing everyone in its path.  People take up more room than the rides, but I suppose you're absolutely correct, 'cos you were there, I wasn't.

But then again it could have been another building without access, which was an unsaid observation and the point of my comment.

Thank God it was not a raging inferno and just a relatively small incident which did not require more men and appliances, and had the added problem of people trapped on upper floors.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3769 on: May 28, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »
Dave i would just leave the Extravaganza brigade to have their moment and don;t fuel them,any reason to have a go and they will,next thing you know the coaches that bring tourists into town will become a hazard and they will have togo leaving us all on our own,we will be able to drive to Asda and back with no traffic to get in ourway,not a tourist in site,heaven to a few ,except the locals who actually enjoy Llandudno being 9th in the league.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3770 on: May 28, 2013, 08:06:57 pm »
Wrex, I have to point out that I am very much in favour of the Extravaganza, we enjoy it very much! I was just relieved at the fire not happening then! I'm sure plans were in place if it had!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3771 on: May 28, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »
I am not against the Llandudno Extravaganza per se.  I think it needs to relocate and cause less disruption to the Town Centre.

Maybe you regard the incidence of a Fire in a multi storey, or any other building, as unimportant, or that's what I think you're saying.  Have you witnessed a major fire and heard the screams of trapped people?  I doublt it, or you would not be so blasé about the siutation.

Extravaganza at ALL costs, Wrex?   Not in my book, I've had to tell people that they have lost a loved one, it ain't a pleasant duty to perform.
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3772 on: May 28, 2013, 08:21:36 pm »
...........we will be able to drive to Asda and back with no traffic to get in ourway......

Wrex, Am I correct in recalling your constant moaning and groaning about one certain set of traffic lights that kept you waiting for a few seconds?.

I am reminded of an old adage about pots and kettles!    _))*
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3773 on: May 28, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »
All i can say Yorkie is thank god for the county council you don;t have to use those traffic lights.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3774 on: May 28, 2013, 11:27:16 pm »
I am not against the Llandudno Extravaganza per se.  I think it needs to relocate and cause less disruption to the Town Centre.

Maybe you regard the incidence of a Fire in a multi storey, or any other building, as unimportant, or that's what I think you're saying.  Have you witnessed a major fire and heard the screams of trapped people?  I doublt it, or you would not be so blasé about the siutation.

Extravaganza at ALL costs, Wrex?   Not in my book, I've had to tell people that they have lost a loved one, it ain't a pleasant duty to perform.

I was present at the Bradford City Fire disaster in the 1980's, the horrors I witnessed (but mercifully did not suffer) were beyond the comprehension of most humans.
However, I still believe that life is for living and the world has gone mad in terms of health and safety.
I would rather attend events such as that match, and take my chances!

The Extravaganza is a FANTASTIC event, and belongs wherever the committee decide it belongs.
If that means causing some congestion and re-routing of traffic then so be it.

If everyone throws up objections to such events, and they came to an end, then this town (and the world) would be a pretty hum-drum place.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3775 on: May 29, 2013, 08:30:15 am »
It is a good job we have Forums such as this where opinions can be expressed and amicable debate is appreciated! 

ZXZ   ZXZ   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3776 on: May 29, 2013, 08:31:36 am »
Indeed.  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3777 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:04 pm »
With the ladder taking half an hour to get here they could have used the helter skelter. L0L

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3778 on: May 29, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »
 _))* good thinking!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3779 on: May 31, 2013, 07:57:38 am »
Four police cars at the bottom of Bodnant rd now,apparentley graffitte has been daubed on Arch motors fence refering to PC Donalley,not sure it needs 4 cars but nice to know their out there looking after the community.