Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664118 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3300 on: December 18, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »
and of course just look at the management of the LLandudno xmas illuminations,i rest my case,merry xmas Cll Bertola.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3301 on: December 18, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »
Just look at the mess CCBC made this year of looking after the gardens and grass verges and like Fester says that was not the fault of the workforce,its the management,In the case of the drains the worst place is the swimming pool car park,then outside Cotton Traders and now the Carlton roundabout and they are incapable of clearing these drains.
I think the swimming pool car park drains have been fixed at long last, only took them...4 years?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3302 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:46 am »
I think the swimming pool car park drains have been fixed at long last, only took them...4 years?

...and people say they're not on top of things...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3303 on: December 19, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Besides the xmas parade and the few xmas lights has the town council put on any other activities eg brass bands,entertainers etc,i know most of the councillors think the buisnesses should do and pay for it themselves but is the High Street not in need of help,rather than ignored.The councillors know that only a couple of forum members and Oscar get on their back so it hardly bothers them what the town appears and feels like at xmas.I would love to set up a Llandudno xmas committee away from the council to try and pull everybody together but i really could;nt do it alone,things like running meetings without getting tongue tied,meeting shop managers,retail parc managers,estate managers,secretarial,work,then all the sponsorship again to pay for lights,bands,entertainers,just to much,it would need a real good team.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3304 on: December 20, 2012, 08:09:26 am »
Besides the xmas parade and the few xmas lights has the town council put on any other activities eg brass bands,entertainers etc,i know most of the councillors think the buisnesses should do and pay for it themselves but is the High Street not in need of help,rather than ignored.The councillors know that only a couple of forum members and Oscar get on their back so it hardly bothers them what the town appears and feels like at xmas.I would love to set up a Llandudno xmas committee away from the council to try and pull everybody together but i really could;nt do it alone,things like running meetings without getting tongue tied,meeting shop managers,retail parc managers,estate managers,secretarial,work,then all the sponsorship again to pay for lights,bands,entertainers,just to much,it would need a real good team.
You would have thought Mostyn Estates would be in an ideal position to organise such a committee?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3305 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:40 am »

You would have thought Mostyn Estates would be in an ideal position to organise such a committee?

Their interest in the Town, apart from their property empire. is probably no greater than the Town Council's.   $angry$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3306 on: December 20, 2012, 08:43:26 am »
Does Llandudno have an active Chamber of Trade?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3307 on: December 20, 2012, 11:05:09 am »
       A few posts back Dave R wrote about a flood blackspot on the road between the Junction and Deganwy. This particular spot is rather unusual floodwise.  In the wall on the left heading towards Deganwy, alongside the railway, there were a series of pipes, for want of a better word, running from the road, under the railway and out into the river. Presumably placed there (me guessing) so that when there was heavy rainfall this water would just drain away into the river.
     Well, I dont know if tides are higher now than they were when this was constructed but I have myself actually seen the situation where we were in the middle of a dry period rainwise, a high tide came along and these pipes were carrying water, but the wrong way i.e. flooding the road from the river. Quite comical. Pitty I didnt have a camera.  Mike

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3308 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:00 am »
I think Yorkie is right,i think Mostyn estates sponsors one of those trees in Trinity church,there are two white motifs stuck to a lampost and two trees with white lights,take a look,i have never seen such a mish mash,no thought and no ambition.You would have thought Mostyn estates would have made bog island a Christmas wonderland.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3309 on: December 21, 2012, 08:27:24 am »
Does Llandudno have an active Chamber of Trade?
Isn't there a new one starting up?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3310 on: December 21, 2012, 08:52:52 am »
If that's the case, Dave, then maybe the new body can make Xmas Lighting their first priority.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3311 on: December 21, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
Can the three town forum have a rep on the chamber of trade

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3312 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:25 pm »
Can the three town forum have a rep on the chamber of trade

I think we coud push someone forward if we had someone who was reasonably passionate about the subject!    _))*

Or is anyone willing to volunteer?    $3towns$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3313 on: December 21, 2012, 01:20:00 pm »
I think Yorkie is right,i think Mostyn estates sponsors one of those trees in Trinity church,there are two white motifs stuck to a lampost and two trees with white lights,take a look,i have never seen such a mish mash,no thought and no ambition.You would have thought Mostyn estates would have made bog island a Christmas wonderland.

Mostyn Estates couldn't make a rice pudding nowadays, let alone a Christmas Wonderland
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3314 on: December 21, 2012, 05:51:55 pm »
Is there any truth in the rumour that Mr D*****s is taking over the lease on the old Merrymoon premises?