Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2646399 times)

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1035 on: May 03, 2011, 01:17:07 pm »
Gosh han't it gone quiet?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1036 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:05 pm »
I'm sitting on the balcony outside Ski Llandudno having lunch - it's lovely and sunny up here, with a great view across the bay. Llandudno is a great town on days like this.  :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1037 on: May 08, 2011, 06:06:02 pm »
Man's body recovered from sea off Great Orme, Conwy

The body of a man has been found in the sea off the Conwy coast.

It was recovered from waters off the Great Orme in Llandudno by an RAF Valley rescue helicopter and lifeboat crew on Sunday afternoon.

Holyhead Coastguards were alerted by the crew of a boat at 1250 BST.

North Wales Police are investigating to identify the man and discover how he came to be in the water. His body has been taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor.

A spokesperson for Holyhead Coastguards said they were not looking for anyone missing in the area at the time.

An inquest will be held in due course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-13327811

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1038 on: May 08, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »
 ;)Great views ,lovely town, the main reason WE all strive to keep it going in all weathers,

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1039 on: May 11, 2011, 10:38:33 pm »
 :'( I do hope that i have got this wrong but im sure i have read that  Rhos has just had its beach replenished with new sand,TAKE A LOOK AT THE NORTH SHORE CCBC. $angry$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1040 on: May 16, 2011, 05:01:23 pm »
I was passing through Llandudno earlier and noticed an Arriva bus parked outside HMV with its hazard lights flashing. There were several Arriva staff on board and a couple of Police, along with a Police car and van parked alongside. No idea what was going on but possibly some sort of fight/disturbance maybe?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »
Our assistant manageress had been to buy milk and said it was a motorist who had scraped the bus trying to park, but it sounds a bit far fetched !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1042 on: May 16, 2011, 06:33:29 pm »
It caused gridlock, right back to the roundabout at Hooson's corner.
Coaches and cars were backed up along Gloddaeth, and I had to go to Asda via Modoc St.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1043 on: May 17, 2011, 01:33:17 am »
Our assistant manageress had been to buy milk and said it was a motorist who had scraped the bus trying to park, but it sounds a bit far fetched !

If she went to ASDA to buy the milk then I would have to agree with you. Quite a trek from the town centre.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1044 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:37 am »

If she went to ASDA to buy the milk then I would have to agree with you. Quite a trek from the town centre.

Poundland actually !

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1045 on: May 17, 2011, 05:17:55 pm »

Poundland actually !

:laugh:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1046 on: May 17, 2011, 08:42:19 pm »
Is Poundland the same as "every thing a pound" ?  If so, how much milk do you get for a pound, I pay around 48p for a little one, then about 87p then I dont know but I suppose £1-50. Mike

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1047 on: May 18, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
Think she gets a 4 pinter for £1---- same price as it was on offer in Asda this morning.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #1048 on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »
I've just returned from a consultation event at Llandudno Swimming Pool regarding the Shorline Management Plan.
The event is now open to the Public until 8pm this evening.
Well worth attending, deals with West Shore and westwards, but does show the future is not bright for Llandudno (and other areas of the Conwy Estuary route). (infact the forum name would probably need to change unless serious consideration is taken to the plans).
In the words of the Consultant, if Llandudno was not so important in terms of economics and housing, then the decision would be just to let the sea reclaim it.
The other issue with Llandudno is not as easy as building sea walls, as the sea level increases will come from beneath the town, not nescessary from the coast. We have a fair few years until this point but the plans do need some thought on how we deal with the threat. West Shore being an interesting point, should we allow nature to take its on course and create a natural defence.

Following is extract from poster:
Shoreline Management Plan, Llandudno Swimming Pool
Public consultation event on the second generation of Shoreline Management Plans that affects Conwy's coastline between Llanfairfechan and the Great Orme, Llandudno
Public Exhibition is open from 3pm, with regular presentations by Consultants, Royal Haskoning about the SMP with time for open discussions/questions.
The West of Wales Shoreline Management Plan (SMP) provides a high level strategy for managing flood and erosion risk for the coastline between St Anne's Head, at the entrance to Milford Haven and the Great Orme.
The Plan assesses these risks to people and the developed, historic and natural environment. It considers the immediate risks and how management of this risk can be developed in to the future in a sustainable manner, to ensure that this does not tie future generations to costly and unsustainable management. Although the Plan focuses on management of risks and defences, it has to take account of the broader issues of coastal management. It provides a framework with which opportunities for broader management can be considered and aims to provide the foundation for balanced management of other issues relating to the coastal area.
The draft SMP2 documents are available for review on the SMP website www.westofwalessmp.org www.westofwalessmp.org, where you can also provide comments.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1049 on: May 20, 2011, 02:41:21 pm »
*reads report and makes note not to buy any property in Llandudno*  :o