Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613016 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:34 am »
Even worse, just yards away, the Arch de Triumph.  That is a sight for sore eyes if you are driving. In passing I would just mention that it is believed by everyone that you are automatically uninsured when you enter this roundabout. When a bump occures (whivh happens many times a day) the gendarmarie take details (maybe) and both drivers are treated equally responsible. No argument, makes no difference who you are or what happened---its 50-50 and you pay half

The Arch De Triumph certainly is a sight for sore eyes.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2010, 09:32:28 am »
A beautiful October typically Autumn sunny morning with blue sky, and a heavy dew. :)

Yorkie

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2010, 10:47:47 am »
Reminds me of the young lady who fell asleep on Hampstead Heath and woke up with a heavy Jew on her!!!  _))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 01:21:38 pm »
Yes, it's turned into a beautiful sunny afternoon, Llandudno is packed with people.

Fester pointed out to me that the Cable Car/Cabin Lift is closed yet again, yet it didnt seem that windy to me.  :huh1:

The Gresham pub was also closed, has that gone bust again?  :o
This pub is owned by Punch Taverns, 3 years ago my friend and her boyfriend had it.  The rent then was £1,200.00 a WEEK! Thats without the top rate barrels and all other drinks etc you have to buy from them. My sums are written correct honestly, how can anyone hope to survive when realistically it's a weekend only establishment. They don't care if you fall flat on your face as, if you can't pay rent they set their legal rottweillers on you for breach of lease and keep your deposit etc which in most cases is on average £40,000.00. Punch falsify their accounts (they recently got charged in court for this offence related to leaseholders in England)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2010, 06:07:33 pm »
A lovely sun rise this morning from Penrhyn Bay beach :) 8)

and then we saw about ten dead fish, no idea what happened to them?? :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2010, 06:09:29 pm »
Even worse, just yards away, the Arch de Triumph.  That is a sight for sore eyes if you are driving. In passing I would just mention that it is believed by everyone that you are automatically uninsured when you enter this roundabout. When a bump occures (whivh happens many times a day) the gendarmarie take details (maybe) and both drivers are treated equally responsible. No argument, makes no difference who you are or what happened---its 50-50 and you pay half

The Arch De Triumph certainly is a sight for sore eyes.

_))*  I've had many Triumph cars with worse arches than that TR7 (or is it an 8?)  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »
The old Passion for Perfume shop in the Victoria Centre is to reopen as The Perfume Shop.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2010, 10:04:43 pm »
The old Passion for Perfume shop in the Victoria Centre is to reopen as The Perfume Shop.

*&( *&(  Dave, did you notice whether they are using the same glass and silver display cases as were left behind before?  They were very tidy indeed.

Even more  *&(  is the fact that they closed down well before Xmas 2009, which was strange timing  .... then they are re-opening in time for Xmas!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 10:12:46 pm »
Dave, did you notice whether they are using the same glass and silver display cases as were left behind before?  They were very tidy indeed.
They are using the same cases, as far as I could see. All that has changed is that new signage has been put up and the shop has had a clean!  ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16:52 pm »
Dave, did you notice whether they are using the same glass and silver display cases as were left behind before?  They were very tidy indeed.
They are using the same cases, as far as I could see. All that has changed is that new signage has been put up and the shop has had a clean!  ;D

In that case I regret not paying the pittance I was offered to take them away ... 
Having said that I had nowhere to store them.

This shop will do VERY well in the run up to Xmas, and I asume they have taken a very cheap short term lease.
In other words, they are being allowed to take the cream!!

I will be spending a few quid in there myself.... Mrs Fester has a penchant for all that stuff.

Fester...

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2010, 06:55:15 pm »
And the final one on the Gresham for the moment. ZXZ Trapper threw a closing down again party last night and called it a day. With rent, rates and overheads he just couldn't make ends meet. The harder he worked the deeper in the mier he ended up. ))* Let it be a lesson to any young would be entrepreneurs out there; unless its freehold and a freehouse don't touch it with a barge pole Z**
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2010, 07:02:56 pm »
unless its freehold and a freehouse don't touch it with a barge pole
Wise words indeed! Shame to see the Gresham go, it was a popular live music venue.  :(

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2010, 07:48:51 pm »
A few threads back, Fester talks about the perfume shop closing just before  Xmas at a strange time. And then reopening under a slightly different perfume title. Smells a bit fishy to me!!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2010, 11:16:55 pm »
unless its freehold and a freehouse don't touch it with a barge pole
Wise words indeed! Shame to see the Gresham go, it was a popular live music venue.  :(

After Dave and I had our pub crawl the other night, I met Mrs F in the Gresham ...  it was absolutely heaving.... and excellent.
Strange timing for it to close,  but I suppose it wasn't as busy on non-music nights.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2010, 05:50:48 pm »
Work has started on the old Woolwich premises between the Victoria Centre and next Clearance. 5 men working in there today, good to see another empty shop let.