Forum Central > The Three Towns Forum

Your Views Required: Future of the Forum

<< < (2/10) > >>

Bri Roberts:
The site serves our local community very well indeed.

Both the NWNN and Pioneer would be lost without it.

Even North Wales Police have identified a use for the site.

Perhaps, some of these groups could help fund its future before the owner(s) decide they are unable fund it any longer.

On the other hand, paid advertising from local businesses may help.

I seem to remember sponsoring an advert myself of Craig Ollerton’s original forum.

TheMedz:
Coming new to the area I have found the forum invaluable in the last twenty months. It was a big step into the unknown when we moved here without knowing anyone in the area. You know you want to live here, it all feels right  but you are uncertain how it will go. You just take that step and keep your fingers crossed. With the help of forum I feel I've had/got the ability to both ask and find out. I log on every day and, in most cases, love the humour, views and information provided on the site. Keep it as close to what you've got now as you can. I does the job and more.

Bellringer:
Well I think it's worthwhile keeping the forum going and if it means 'chipping in a few bob' then I am quite happy to do so.

I log on several times a day to see what's happening in the area in which I live and will continue to do so. I only make a few posts when I think I have something relevant to offer.
Some of the discussion topics I find a little irritating on occasions, but we live in a democracy so everyone is entitled to express an opinion within reason.
In recent times Blodyn and Hollins particularly have brought fresh impetus with their contributions especially about gardening, local wildlife and the Orme.  I hope they keep it up.
And Dave with his pictures, vast local knowledge, and news scoops, is certainly one good reason to keep logging on.

All the bellringing jokes and cracks have been exhausted in this first year and so apart from the odd post about what is happening in Llandudno and North Wales ringing circles, I cannot bore you all further too much!

I urge the forum to keep going and thank those who do keep it going.

Stan the (bellringer) man

Fester:
I hardly know where to begin with my response.
What has happened today has been breathtaking, for all the wrong reasons.
I think I shall have to bullet point my responses, because they are so many, varied, and I might even appear to contradict myself at times.
I have a range of views on this topic you see, and I am struggling to make sense of what is being proposed now.
I also hope I don't offend any members with my opinions...
So here goes.

1, I went to work today, having raised what most right-thinking people would say was an innocuous question, regarding an innocuous word.

2, I arrive home to find that two of the biggest contributors to this Forum have either left, or considering it as a result of what transpired.

3, Then I see that the entire future of this GREAT forum is in doubt as a direct result of this mornings shenanigans.

4, Ian I see has reacted extremely sharply (and not for the first time) to a degree of banter, and now appears to be in the camp of those who believe the forum should end.  (I infer that from Ian saying that it is not serving its intended purpose)  Cyber security and issues regarding it are a serious issue, but I think here it is being somewhat over-done.

5, Ian believes that not enough people are posting, and not enough posts are being registered.  Well I have point out that you can't have it both ways, and Ian did directly invite THE BIGGEST EVER poster, one Robert of Birmingham, to go elsewhere.  Similarly, any newcomers seeing that incident, (or witnessing todays nonsense) would feel a little reticent to join in to such a happy Forum.

6, Having said that, I do not want the Forum to fold, I am in the same camp at The Medz as I joined it before I came to live in the area.
This Forum has been very useful to me, I have made firm friends through it... and I hope I have made a tiny contribution in return.
I would willingly contribute a few bob to an annual (or monthly) subscription.  I like Ian Ralph's idea of 'buy the Forum a pint via paypal.
Heaven knows I buy Dave R enough pints already ... Z** Z** 
On a serious note, that should answer Dave's question completely... keep the Forum? YES.   Pay a subscription YES, (if reasonable)

So, can we please all get back to normal and play nicely?
I promise never to raise any questions ever again... it seems that I am capable of starting a chain reaction, leading to World War III

suepp:
I would like to see the forum carry on, and I would be willing to contribute in a small way to keep it going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version