Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 96634 times)

Offline Minime

Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

It was the social worker who said that these men not your usual teen agers had been dumped in Rhyl .  He says he has enough to do without dealing with people from the north of England (another country) being a nuisance.  That's not racism by the way.

Se
veral points from that:

1.  If a Social Worker had used the phrase you say, they would have been liable to a disciplinary

Really???

2.  How do you know he was a Social Worker? Social Workers are professionally qualified individuals who work within specific teams.  Which team did he work for? What was his name? How did he back up this assertion that they'd been 'dumped'?

I think the SW may have been venting frustration.  What if these lads had a SW in another authority and then rocked up in the local authority.  SW number 1 would probably close the case faster than a rat up a drainpipe ergo your problem now.  I imagine this happens lots you know go live by the seaside...  Adults can choose where they want to live and so long as the original authority didnt arrange the housing, placement or whatever then its over to the new authority to fund them.  City teams get a lot of this too, people just rock up on the trains with no fixed abode, physical and mental disabilities so the local authority has to deal with it as they have chosen that place as ordinary residence.   This doesnt go for people subject to s117 mental health act as all the port authorites get way more than their fare share.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:12:46 pm by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2013, 08:20:09 pm »
I think the SW may have been venting frustration.  What if these lads had a SW in another authority and then rocked up in the local authority.  SW number 1 would probably close the case faster than a rat up a drainpipe ergo your problem now.  I imagine this happens lots you know go live by the seaside...  Adults can choose where they want to live and so long as the original authority didnt arrange the housing, placement or whatever then its over to the new authority to fund them.  City teams get a lot of this too, people just rock up on the trains with no fixed abode, physical and mental disabilities so the local authority has to deal with it as they have chosen that place as ordinary residence.   This doesnt go for people subject to s117 mental health act as all the port authorites get way more than their fare share.

There are several points which you make which are wrong.  Until we have evidence that the person concerned was, in fact, a Social Worker, then it's pointless to speculate. Adults, BTW, do not normally have Social Workers unless they fall into one of a specific number of categories. And no professional SW would "vent frustration" in that way.  Too many people out to get them.

This doesnt go for people subject to s117 mental health act as all the port authorites get way more than their fare share

Do you mean Section 7?

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Minime

« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:36 pm »
Which several points?

No I mean 117 aftercare.  Say you live in chester then have a weekend away in rhyl and have a mental breakdown and get sectioned then the s2 turns into a s3 after some treatment etc.  Then you needed after care then it used to be the authority that sectioned you had to foot the bill however the authorities with ports, cities etc got this way too much with out of townies so theyve recently amended that to ordinary residence being responsible for the funding.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:33 pm »
No I mean 117 aftercare.  Say you live in chester then have a weekend away in rhyl and have a mental breakdown and get sectioned then the s2 turns into a s3 after some treatment etc.  Then you needed after care then it used to be the authority that sectioned you had to foot the bill however the authorities with ports, cities etc got this way too much with out of townies so theyve recently amended that to ordinary residence being responsible for the funding.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I cannot understand what you are talking about, despite my interest in the thread.  Your last sentence is pure gobbledegook.    :o
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Minime

« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »
In a nutshell if someone with needs decides to rock up in your local authority and makes the choice do that then the local authority have to pick up the tab if they have care needs.

However if you get someone rock up for the weekend then get sectionned and they end up on a 117 aftercare its the authority they came from funds it ie they might need to go in a home

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2013, 12:40:54 am »
Nope, I'm no wiser.  ?{}?

Llechwedd, I think it is quite sad that you can't see that the only person causing any offence is you!

Your comments are very reminiscent of a 1970's sit com.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2013, 07:27:20 am »
Sorry, Minime;  still can't follow what you're trying to say.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:40 am »
Anyone know which policeman is responsible for Craig-y-don now? 

I don't know who replaced PC Mike Smith in C-y-D, who was also a regular on our forum.

I suggest you contact PCSO Gail Starr on 07900227061 or e-mail her on Gail.Starr@nthwales.pnn.police.uk

Whatever happened to those two small words?

"Thank you."  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2013, 09:36:46 am »
In a nutshell if someone with needs decides to rock up in your local authority and makes the choice do that then the local authority have to pick up the tab if they have care needs.

However if you get someone rock up for the weekend then get sectionned and they end up on a 117 aftercare its the authority they came from funds it ie they might need to go in a home

Am I thick or what?  What is "rock up" ?  Some sort of new dance craze? 

I am still none the wiser!  >>>
Cicero

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21:20 pm »
Yorkie you'll have to learn yourself young folks speak, in it. They can't use or write the Queens English.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Tosh

« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2013, 04:38:22 pm »
To Rock up, is to turn up, Simple.  8)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »
Yorkie you'll have to learn yourself young folks speak, in it. They can't use or write the Queens English.

I do txt spk, backslang, Cockney Rhyming, old english, and some Welsh, amid my German, French, Portuguese and a few other lingos (in part).  I have mixed with youngsters and been on the street but this is new to me!

Reminds me that once I went out with a girl who had a stutter, and by the time she said she wouldn't, she had!   :D

Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:22 pm »
To Rock up, is to turn up, Simple.  8)

Thank you for your admirable translation.  The word will live in my vocabulary for ever!    ;D
Cicero

Offline Minime

« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

Am I thick or what?  What is "rock up" ?  Some sort of new dance craze? 

I am still none the wiser!  >>>

Rock up basically decide to go somewhere without giving much thought or planning.  Back in yonder day our parents planned every trip with military precision, now we just jump in the car and rock up somewhere as there will always be facilities on the way

Offline Minime

« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2013, 05:28:45 pm »
What is craig-y-don btw?  Is this area/housing estate?  Google maps didn't like it but guess its over llandudno way?