Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 96639 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »
But they are not referring to Llandudno, the statement seems ok to me, backs up what I have seen!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2012, 04:01:49 pm »
the lower elements of our society

That certainly leaves an unpleasant taste.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »
But they are not referring to Llandudno, the statement seems ok to me, backs up what I have seen!

Penrhyn Bay is in the Town of Llandudno and part of it!  I have never notice a great deal of litter around PB except on Bin Collection Days!  The worst road is Llanrhos Lane where most of the rubbish has been deposited courtesy of motorists!     :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Anyone know which policeman is responsible for Craig-y-don now?  My cousin is being bothered by a young lad next door playing music until the early hours - also disturbing people in Victoria Avenue apparently.  His mates who visit all the time  are from the north of England and have been dumped in Kinmel Bay and [Edited by Sysadmin] but no evidence.  A social worker checks up on the lad but doesn't seem to do much.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:33:06 am by Ian »

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »
I don't know who replaced PC Mike Smith in C-y-D, who was also a regular on our forum.

I suggest you contact PCSO Gail Starr on 07900227061 or e-mail her on Gail.Starr@nthwales.pnn.police.uk

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »
Anyone know which policeman is responsible for Craig-y-don now?  My cousin is being bothered by a young lad next door playing music until the early hours - also disturbing people in Victoria Avenue apparently.  His mates who visit all the time  are from the north of England and have been dumped in Kinmel Bay and [Edited by Sysadmin] but no evidence.  A social worker checks up on the lad but doesn't seem to do much.

Why is his mates origin relevant? I believe the police will still check matters regardless of where the assailants mates hail are from.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:33:11 am by Ian »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »

Why is his mates origin relevant? I believe the police will still check matters regardless of where the assailants mates hail are from.

You're correct of course about the Police BTR  and I think Llechwedd was only emphasising the point that the area is becoming a dumping ground for undesirables.   Where ever they originate from is irrelevant, but I just wish that they would go back to wherever they came from and the sooner the better.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:33:14 am by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

She is renowned for it B2R, she can't help herself.  &shake&
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:33:17 am by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2013, 08:12:03 am »
Anyone know which policeman is responsible for Craig-y-don now?  My cousin is being bothered by a young lad next door playing music until the early hours - also disturbing people in Victoria Avenue apparently.  His mates who visit all the time  are from the north of England and have been dumped in Kinmel Bay and[Edited by Sysadmin] but no evidence.  A social worker checks up on the lad but doesn't seem to do much.

She is renowned for it B2R, she can't help herself.  &shake&

Maybe Ms Llechwedd should consider her statements.  Anyone who cannot locate their local Beat Policeman should not make such sweeping statements about others.   How does she know they have been "dumped",  what does that mean?  Who dumped them, is there a special Government "dumping" Quango responsible for such matters?  Are they really "undesirables" as stated by another, or just being normal teenagers, doing just the same things as we used to do? 

It seems we are all too keen to blame and criticise and forget our own past, or even present, shortcomings!

If you are really worried about the noise contact the CCBC Environmental Services Department.   Or if it's drugs, the Police.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:33:20 am by Ian »
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2013, 08:38:57 am »
Llechwedd's post itself verges on the unacceptable because of the intimations regarding drugs and - even worse - the identification of the Avenue and area. I've edited the post accordingly, and would repeat the caution that Dave and I are liable for whatever is posted in here.

Notwithstanding that I agree with what others have said.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:50 am »
Maybe Ms Llechwedd should consider her statements.  Anyone who cannot locate their local Beat Policeman should not make such sweeping statements about others.   How does she know they have been "dumped",  what does that mean?  Who dumped them, is there a special Government "dumping" Quango responsible for such matters?  Are they really "undesirables" as stated by another, or just being normal teenagers, doing just the same things as we used to do? 

It seems we are all too keen to blame and criticise and forget our own past, or even present, shortcomings!

If you are really worried about the noise contact the CCBC Environmental Services Department.   Or if it's drugs, the Police.

Rightly or wrongly I assumed that the noise problem was a regular thing and if it is then it is unacceptable behaviour, whether they are teenagers or adults is irrelevant.
The law defines a nuisance as "an unlawful interference with a person's use or enjoyment of land or of some right over, or in connection, with it." The process of determining what level of noise constitutes a nuisance can be quite subjective. For instance, the level of noise, its length and timing may be taken into consideration in ascertaining whether a nuisance has actually occurred.

Yorkies advice is spot on and should be followed up if the person concerned still feels aggrieved and the only thing I can add is that the person keeps a record of the dates and times that these incidents occur.
The fact that the CCBC has not put restrictions on HMO's, contributes to part of the problem and to think otherwise is a bit naive.
Just as an add on, someone I know had a business in that area and was concerned about a large number of "suspicious" looking people that were continually walking down the side passage between his property and a flat.   He installed a CCTV camera and the problem soon disappeared.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:05:49 am by Ian »

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2013, 10:01:47 am »
Oh dear I do seem to have opened a can of worms and all I asked for was advice.  I will ignore Fester's unnecessarily offensive remarks.

It was the social worker who said that these men not your usual teen agers had been dumped in Rhyl .  He says he has enough to do without dealing with people from the north of England (another country) being a nuisance.  That's not racism by the way.

Mike Smith was most helpful and of course the police and environmental officers have been called and attended the neighbours are not completely thick!  But nothing seems to be happening which is why I askd for advice.  Sorry to have upset you all. :-X

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2013, 11:33:10 am »
It was the social worker who said that these men not your usual teen agers had been dumped in Rhyl .  He says he has enough to do without dealing with people from the north of England (another country) being a nuisance.  That's not racism by the way.

Several points from that:

1.  If a Social Worker had used the phrase you say, they would have been liable to a disciplinary hearing.
2.  How do you know he was a Social Worker? Social Workers are professionally qualified individuals who work within specific teams.  Which team did he work for? What was his name? How did he back up this assertion that they'd been 'dumped'?
3.  Interesting you see the 'North of England' as being another country. I thought we were all part of the United Kingdom, comprised of several smaller nationalistic states: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. As far as I know, Sottish, English and N Irish blood is red, and believe it or not the denizens of those areas can actually donate blood to those living in Wales without killing them.
4.  You say those contacted - the Police, Environmental officers, 'Social Workers' - were unable to do anything. How on earth, if the representatives of all the legally empowered bodies can't achieve what you want, do you expect anyone in here to be able to help? Or are you proposing a 3T vigilante group?

I will ignore Fester's unnecessarily offensive remarks.

Oddly, it wasn't Fester's comments I found offensive. I did, however, find identifying a road, insinuating drugs might have been taken, implying the statutory bodies were utterly helpless and that somehow the rest of the United Kingdom is a separate entity to be offensive, ill-informed and bigoted. I look forward to a public apology to all the members of the 3Ts forum whose ancestry originated in India or Kenya.  Oh wait - that's everyone.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:54:27 am by Ian »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
And don't forget those of us wot is half Yorkshire and half Dutch, with a large amount of Cockney influence thrown in!   We'se important too!   $uk
Cicero

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2013, 04:29:09 pm »
And us Scousers, oh hang on, that's probably who the dig was aimed at.
Justice for the 96