Author Topic: Police News & Announcements  (Read 155777 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Police News & Announcements
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2016, 11:31:10 am »
I was overtaking that vehicle on the A55 yesterday and my speed was about 70 mph when that idiot in the black Volkswagon  used the hard shoulder to undertake me and the car  I was overtaking.    They think they can get away with it because of the lack of Police presence on the A55.
Luckily the car I was driving had a video camera working at the time so I did a brief commentary on it and when I got home I checked the car details with the DVLA.
Surprise, surprise the car tax had expired    &shake& 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2016, 12:25:59 pm »
I'm pleased to see that the VW is now taxed albeit belatedly,  hopefully the undertaker won't be trying that dangerous manoeuvre again as he may not be so lucky next time and may meet another undertaker earlier than he expected,

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »
Driving down Penrhyn Hill on Weds. p.m., doing a steady 28mph, in the right hand lane, as I was going on the road past Llandrillo an idiot shot past in the other lane doing at least 45mph. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is 30mph down there. Anyway he shot off, same way as I was going, after cutting in front of me, I rather hoped that the usual traffic van would be there. Blow it, the traffic lights thwarted that  !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »
It is 30mph on that hill and so dangerous when they cut in front of you like that.   It's a wonder that there are not more accidents on the hill and the roundabout.
Shame about the traffic lights but someone like that will eventually run out of luck

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2016, 03:17:22 pm »
Don't think I've ever gone down that hill as slow as 28 mph! Overtaking on the left and cutting in front is bad though!  ^*^0
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2016, 11:05:36 am »
Shocking death and injury toll for bikers in North Wales revealed as cops launch crackdown

More than 80 bikers were killed or seriously injured on the roads of North Wales last year.

The shock statistic emerged as North Wales Police begins a campaign to try to reduce the number of motorcycle-related deaths on the region's roads.

Although motorcyclists represent 1% of road traffic, they are 18% of all fatalities and 25% of all KSI (killed or seriosuly injured) casualties in North Wales.
From Friday, officers from the Roads Policing Unit will target popular meeting spots for enthusiasts and will patrol certain routes as part of Operation Darwen.

Operation Darwen is an all-Wales campaign which runs from Easter to early autumn and is aimed at motorcycle safety and reducing casualties on the roads.
In 2014, a total of 108 riders/pillions were killed or seriously injured in the region compared to 71 in 2013.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/shocking-death-injury-toll-bikers-11061730

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2016, 11:08:20 am »
Don't think I've ever gone down that hill as slow as 28 mph! Overtaking on the left and cutting in front is bad though!  ^*^0

OMG, ....................You'll get collared !

Offline squiggle

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2016, 12:34:25 pm »
Driving down Penrhyn Hill on Weds. p.m., doing a steady 28mph, in the right hand lane, as I was going on the road past Llandrillo an idiot shot past in the other lane doing at least 45mph. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is 30mph down there. Anyway he shot off, same way as I was going, after cutting in front of me, I rather hoped that the usual traffic van would be there. Blow it, the traffic lights thwarted that  !

I must admit I did "undertake" once on Penrhyn Hill - years ago when I was young and had a Honda 200.  The "idiot" in the outside lane was doing about 15mph though. 

Not that I drive anything these days (and never passed my test in a car), I have mellowed. I can still see slow driving (not your 28 in a 30) as a problem though (and Llandudno area seemed to get it's fair share - do you still get the ones round the Orme who seem to pay more attention to spotting a goat or looking out to sea than they do to the road and other users?).

Round here in Norfolk, it sometimes seems to me on the 60mph main roads we have the < 40mph drivers and the maniacs and sooner or later one of the latter will get frustrated. I wish eg. Cromer to Norwich was a dual carriageway.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2016, 03:04:54 pm »

OMG, ....................You'll get collared !

Everytime I go down there, usually doing about 40, as are all the other cars, the 30 limit is too slow for that stretch of road.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2016, 03:20:50 pm »
Keep going down at 40mph and it's only a question of time before you pick-up a SP30 and that will set you back £80 and put your insurance up. If it shows 30 drive at 29. :cyclist40:
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »
There must be plenty of people like myself who keep to the limit down there...............there is always a smell of 'hot brakes' !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2016, 10:21:29 pm »
I was driving along the Promenade in Craig Y Don going to Colwyn Bay and was driving behind a car that was doing 30mph in the 40mph zone.
Nothing wrong with that but when we came to the 30mph zone at the top of the Penrhyn Hill the guy put his put down and  did 40mph all the way down the hill to the roundabout, a weird way of driving and obliyious to the speed signs.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2016, 11:21:15 pm »
Why do i always seem to be disagreeing with my friends on the forum. Dear young Hugo, there is plenty wrong with doing 30 in a 40. The cars behind may have a good reason to need to go drive close to the maximum. If you go for a test you are supposed to make "reasonable progress" and driving at 30 in a 40 is not reasonable progress. No, its not against the law. But it makes other drivers take risks. And at certain times of the day that stretch by the paddling pool has drivers continually doing it after around 9.30 in the morning. Its usually o.k before 9 a.m., regular drivers getting to work i suppose. But after 9.30 the non workers often of advancing years decide to take a leisurely trip into town, much to my annoyance on my way to the golf.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2016, 01:08:14 am »
Why do i always seem to be disagreeing with my friends on the forum. Dear young Hugo, there is plenty wrong with doing 30 in a 40. The cars behind may have a good reason to need to go drive close to the maximum. If you go for a test you are supposed to make "reasonable progress" and driving at 30 in a 40 is not reasonable progress. No, its not against the law. But it makes other drivers take risks. And at certain times of the day that stretch by the paddling pool has drivers continually doing it after around 9.30 in the morning. Its usually o.k before 9 a.m., regular drivers getting to work i suppose. But after 9.30 the non workers often of advancing years decide to take a leisurely trip into town, much to my annoyance on my way to the golf.
Precisely Mike!
I say, if the limit is 40mph, then do 41mph, they ain't going to 'do' you for that!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2016, 06:29:21 am »
Precisely Mike!
I say, if the limit is 40mph, then do 41mph, they ain't going to 'do' you for that!

As the speedo in your car is not calibrated you could be doing nearer 45 mph using your method which could result in a ticket if caught.
Valar Morghulis