Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 408404 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #1080 on: March 26, 2022, 10:14:28 am »
It’s too rotten under there Brian.  We used to lift the metal grilles up in the winter so ease the force on the steel & decking .

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #1081 on: March 26, 2022, 11:41:03 am »
Suprised the authorities allow that situation. If there is a fire between the Grand and the second entrance do you mean you could not escape ?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1082 on: March 26, 2022, 02:33:44 pm »
Even worse than that, mull, if there was a fire in the Golden Goose, then everyone north of the arcade would be dependent upon the pier entrance to the Grand Hotel being open where the Roman Room once was.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1083 on: March 27, 2022, 02:12:49 pm »
This is really worrying, can someone get in touch with Cllr Louise Emery to let her know your concerns. She is the Cabinet member for Economics & Development & also a Llandudno Councillor for Gogarth Ward which covers that area. Her e-mail is cllr.louise.emery@conwy.gov.uk  & please keep us all posted as to the reply, thanks.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1084 on: March 27, 2022, 08:40:55 pm »
What will she do give him the money to pay for the work . Shame she can’t get rid of the Rocks on the beach.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1085 on: April 04, 2022, 09:00:02 am »
BANGOR GARTH PIER VOTED PIER OF THE YEAR 2022!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1086 on: April 22, 2022, 06:10:15 pm »
We just had a walk down the pier.

It was quite busy with an abundance of assistants on the rides but they were all empty.

With a cost of living crisis, I am not surprised at the current price of the rides.

Btw, that is £4 for four rides down the Big Slide and another £4 for 5 minutes on the Bouncy Castle.

I can remember when the Bouncy Castle and the Big Slide when it was all one and was called Peabodys.

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1087 on: June 28, 2022, 10:08:39 am »
Llandudno Pier/pavilion late night alcohol and entertainment licence submitted
If the application is granted, the pier will be able to play music, serve refreshments, and supply alcohol from 7am until 2am Monday to Sunday

Development plans at Llandudno's former Pier Pavilion site have progressed this week after an application for an alcohol and entertainment licence was submitted for the site. A notice from Conwy County Borough Council hints at what may be in store at the dilapidated site, more than 20 years after it was destroyed by a fire.

Initially earmarked for luxury apartments, the site was bought by businessman Adam Williams in November last year. Mr Willaims who owns Llandudno Pier and Tir Prince in Towyn, confirmed he was buying the site after speaking out against the apartment plans.

In December 2021, he revealed plans for a multi-million-pound entertainment complex at the old Pier Pavilion. He hinted the ?20m development could include a bowling alley, bars, and restaurants as part of an all-weather entertainment complex.

While the plans are still in their early stages, a new notice on display at the site hints that the development is progressing. It shows a licencing application was submitted to Conwy Council on June 24.

If the application is granted, the site will be able to play music, serve refreshments, and supply alcohol until the early hours. The notice lists the venue's opening hours as Monday to Sunday, from 7am until 2am.

He told North Wales Live the application is part of preparation for future use of the Pavilion area. He added that he is working with developers to finalise plans, which he hopes to share in due course.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-pier-late-night-alcohol-24335987

Offline mull

« Reply #1088 on: July 02, 2022, 07:19:39 am »
See Paddle Steamer Waverley has announced that they will not be visiting Llandudno this year.

Pier not fit to be used due repairs not carried out. How has this been allowed to happen ?
I thought money had been set aside to carry out repairs to the landing stage area or has that now run out ?
Poor state of affair !.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1089 on: July 02, 2022, 07:49:11 am »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1090 on: July 02, 2022, 08:41:09 am »
I suspect they'd need to spend a great deal more than that to create a truly resilient landing stage for any ship.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1091 on: July 02, 2022, 09:41:07 am »
Pier not fit to be used due repairs not carried out.

Ian/mull, I read this comment as referring to the pier and not the landing stage.

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1092 on: July 02, 2022, 10:09:38 am »
Perhaps Mr Williams plans for his two new developments, ?20 million on the old Pavilion site and more on his Rhos point site could part of the reason, I also considered how much business would the pier gain from the Waverly visits, perhaps the landing stage is not his priority, sad but realistic ?

Offline Helig

« Reply #1093 on: July 02, 2022, 10:43:30 am »
Call me old fashioned but the plans seem to be just for eating and drinking on the site. These seem to be for all hours of the day and night. Who wants to start drinking at 7am? A licence to 2am is fine for some nights but is it necessary for all of the week? It will result in anti social behaviour and a mess from litter etc. I don't think this is the place for such activities and will prove to be a big mistake if it is allowed.

The Waverley was a big attraction to people and brought a lot of visitors to the town. This has a large following and would be an asset. The landing stage should be repaired to enable it to visit. I used to love the cruises to Puffin Island.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1094 on: July 02, 2022, 12:03:21 pm »
What bothers me is there is no emergency exit between the end of the pier and the pier entrance/exit.

As for no repairs being done to the pier well that must be untrue according to this statement published on the pier more than once.