The Local > St. David's Hospice - News & Events

Why support St David's Hospice

<< < (2/4) > >>

SteveH:
I agree with Festers comments, and I have to admit to being confused over your comment......So thank you for steering me clear.....as I was the only one to reply, I hardly think that I suggested that St Davids was not worthy of support, in fact I said .....well respected.....

Hugo:
My friends and I go to the cafe after we have had a walk on the Great Orme and it's not only to support St David's Hospice, it's because we always have a warm welcome there and the cakes and coffee are good too.     $good$
I can only speak as I have found and some friends I have had, that have spent their final days there have always been well looked after and have been  be treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve.

Meleri:
Well said Fester $good$ I'm saddened by your statement Virginia, several of my friends and family have received exceptional day care and end of life care at St Davids and quite frankly I am also appalled by your attitude. As Fester has said if there is a problem it can be dealt with, so if you have a personal issue with anyone may I suggest you contact the Hospice and put in a complaint. St Davids relies heavily on donations and if a lot of other people were encouraged to have your attitude and the much needed donations reduced, where do you think the future patients needing care will go?Lets hope neither you or your friends and family need Hospice care in the future.

Nemesis:
Virginia.......I sent you a personal message. As I work for one of your 'choices' I didn't feel that I wanted to make my opinion public, not that it was in any way derogatory, but feel that your attitude just isn't right. All charities mess about with money and use it unwisely, having worked for many and varied, they all do it, it doesn't matter who they are, be they large or small.
I agree with Meleri, Hugo, Steve H and Fester's comments.

Virginia:
Hi, I never said the hospice didn't to wonderful work, I am sure it does. But a work colleague has informed me of certain internal issues. Wastefulness, the lack of support for volunteers, and shop managers who have no policy on anything, who make it up as they go along.These issues were told to me in some detail.

I did try and reply to the private message but as a new member i wasn't able to, sorry

:)

V
x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version