Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372436 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #750 on: January 29, 2013, 08:27:45 pm »
Whatever the problem was with me posting photos and having the wrong date seems to have sorted itself out. Photo posted today shows 'today' $3towns$
All's well that ends well, then!  $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #751 on: February 11, 2013, 12:20:29 am »
        Tickets to India.com

Hello to Ian and Dave, The abovementioned company are advertising using the header on this forum. I presume you know about this. Is it a coincidence that only a couple of days ago I bought flight tickets through them?
   Seems very strange. Its not a hugh company, as far as I know has no connection whatsoever with Llandudno area and probably would not be used b 99% of forum members because they are not a package tourist firm.
   I can assure you its nothing to do with me, not intentionally at any rate.  Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #752 on: February 11, 2013, 07:28:51 am »
"TicketsToIndia is a division of Acetrip Ltd - VACATION HOUSE, 372 - 374 Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, Ilford (Essex) IG2 6HW"

I've been on a couple of their websites and can't see where you mean, Mike.  Is it the rolling banner ads beneath?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #753 on: February 11, 2013, 08:50:53 am »
Banner ads are tailored to the person. For example, I used booking.com recently and, ever since, when I visit various websites, I see ads from them featuring the hotels that I've looked at on their website. So, basically, everyone sees different adverts, tailored to their interests.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #754 on: February 11, 2013, 07:04:28 pm »
  I'm a bit lost here. Am I right, both of you (Ian and Dave) are talking about going to other websites. But this wasn't other websites, this was shown on the Threetownsforum. Indeed it took the place of my own advert of the golf course.
   Dont think I am moaning about loosing trade. In any case its closed at the moment. Its just that I thought you might think I'd got it on there somehow.
   Sometimes I can understand some specific small section of the internet, but very often I don't seem to understand the big picture. Thats what has happened here. Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #755 on: February 11, 2013, 07:23:23 pm »
   Good news, I THINK I understand. Just spent five minutes clicking on the home page and, sure enough, a different banner advert every time.

Starts off with my own, then flight adverts, then coffee shop adverts. Yes, I've got interest in them and have recently clicked on sites connected with them.

So thats all done and dusted. Apart from one thing. I'm not too sure I should write this.

A lady called I think Rebecca keep on appearing as is having trouble with her phone. She wants me to call her.  I also think if she doesent put on some more clothes she's going to catch cold.

No comment (apart from I haven't been making any calls to phone repair companies)  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #756 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »
A lady called I think Rebecca keep on appearing as is having trouble with her phone. She wants me to call her.  I also think if she doesent put on some more clothes she's going to catch cold.
Fester says he doesn't mind giving her a ring if you're busy, Mike?  :laugh:

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2013, 10:40:23 am »
I'm getting more and more instances of the computer freezing when I'm looking at the Three Towns site.     It freezes then a message comes up saying "Three Townsforum.co webpage is not responding"  then on the right there is another message " recover webpage"     I click on that and the computer then looks for the problem and after a short while the site unfreezes and everything is ok until the next time.
Is there any obvious reason for this?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #758 on: February 12, 2013, 11:27:38 am »
I've noticed this happen occasionally. If you wait a few seconds, the page springs back to life on its own. It could be the server is struggling slightly and this may be due to another website (unconnected to us) on the same server that is overloading it.

I've enabled Load Balancing on the Server to see if that has any effect

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #759 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:50 pm »
It is an issue with us, Hugo, but load balancing might actually be detrimental. Time will tell....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #760 on: February 12, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »
Thanks Dave and Ian for your reply.  I'll be more patient when it happens again and will see if it sorts itself out without me doing anything.      $thanx$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #761 on: February 12, 2013, 08:09:37 pm »
I have the same trouble when I use my net pad, but as Dave said i just wait few seconds and it corrects itself

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:12 am »
There may also be more than one factor at play, here. There are times when the splash page takes an eternity to load, and I've always put that down to sheer volume of traffic to the server. We're just one of many sites that use the same physical servers, so there['s bound to be the occasional congestion. The second factor appears to be a message that pops up, seemingly at random, warning that that a script is running. Like the pothole inspectors in  Conwy, we're still looking into it...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #763 on: March 16, 2013, 12:55:01 am »
A couple of problems I am encountering, which only occur whilst I am using the Forum

1, For the last three evenings I have had only sporadic use of the Forum.
I can access it without problem, but as I try to move between different topics, I get thrown out with the following message.
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

2. With annoying regularity, (every minute or so) the screen freezes, neither the cursor or keyboard are operational for the next 60 seconds or so.

I have to emphasise that neither problem is encountered whilst using any other site. Strange.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #764 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:52 am »
I'm not having any problems, so maybe it is your particular server that is giving problems.  I'm with PlusNet.  :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero