Forum Central > The Three Towns Forum

Suggestions, problems and queries.

<< < (2/264) > >>

Fester:
Thanks Dave,
Thought so...after checking the members list..
Star Trek eh?  In that case I am supremely confident of reaching the status of Master of the Universe.
MAybe I could even become a member of the Q Continuum,...(only another Trekkie would understand)

But...I am going to attempt for the FIFTH time to upload a photo.....previous 4 failed miserably

Ian:

--- Quote ---If so..I was wondering how you get 'promoted' in the heirarchy.

--- End quote ---

It's all a bit of fun, actually.  In some (many) forums you can acquire 'Karma' points, or stars based on how others perceive the quality of your posting but in this one it's based purely on the number of postings a member makes.   As I'm a sci fi enthusiast, I decided it might be fun to have Star Trek ranks, which I realised almost immediately was a mistake when Dave became Lt Comander before I did  >:( >:( >:( 

Anyhoo, this can all be changed at some future point, but the reassuring news is that you only need make 100 posts to acquire your first 'promotion' which, given your prodigious posting record in the old place ,Fester, you'll soon have accomplished  :D

Ian:

--- Quote ---But...I am going to attempt for the FIFTH time to upload a photo.....previous 4 failed miserably
--- End quote ---

Did the attempts fail because the photo was too large?

Fester:
Hi Ian...
I rather think my attempts failed because the image I selected ( Q from Star Trek ) ...had a nasty virus attached.
It wiped my PC completely and it has been in Kindways since Friday being repaired.
Thats why I've been ''off air'' for a few days...
 :rage:

Maybe one shouldn't mess about with the Q continuum??    Even the Mason's didn't destroy my PC ....only the US Server!   :laugh: :laugh:

DaveR:

--- Quote from: Ian on September 10, 2010, 08:09:45 am ---As I'm a sci fi enthusiast, I decided it might be fun to have Star Trek ranks, which I realised almost immediately was a mistake when Dave became Lt Comander before I did  >:( >:( >:( 

--- End quote ---
...and now I'm a Captain!  <:<:<:<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version