Members' Lounge > Politics & Current Affairs

Have Your Say: What would you do?

<< < (12/12)

Fester:
I find it interesting how they wheel Nigel Farage out so regularly now to discuss this subject, and give a lot of credence to his views.
It's only a few short weeks since he was ridiculed on every current affairs show, prior to the election.
Now, suddenly he is being treated like a visionary.

I also note that many of the migrants wander around talking on their iphones.
How are they paying the bills for them?   ..... and where are they plugging them in every night to charge them up!!!

Hugo:
That's very interesting Fester,  it's quite annoying to see the migrants landing in Greece and the first thing they do is take selfies of themselves on those expensive phones.
The Greeks should send them back to Turkey immediately as they know full well where the migrants have come from.

Ian:

--- Quote ---It's only a few short weeks since he was ridiculed on every current affairs show, prior to the election.  Now, suddenly he is being treated like a visionary.
--- End quote ---

Interesting, isn't it? The more xenophobic press, such as the Express, allied to the simply insane, such as the DFM, love to change direction, all the while hoping no one will notice.

BBC news this morning had a French journalist on and she made some pertinent points. The one that struck home was when she talked about the French charities going into the camps to help them out with water supplies, bedding, food and shelter and how the French government was reluctant to undo the good work these groups were doing by going in - as the DFM had suggested - with water cannon.  Although I suppose what surprised me more was that the DFM hadn't suggested flame throwers...

born2run:
http://newsthump.com/2015/08/03/calais-migrants-to-be-reclassified-as-goblins-to-avoid-accidental-bouts-of-conscience/

Now THIS is satire  _))*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version