Members' Lounge > The 3 Towns Arcade

DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread

<< < (57/66) > >>

Meleri:
My Mother was born in Abbey Lodge her Grandparents lived there. What stunning views but what an abomination of a house has been built instead, absolutely soulless

Hugo:
I've just found your posting in Genealogy and Research Meleri and it's under the heading of The Lodge, Gogarth Abbey Llandudno.     Unfortunately on my laptop I can't see any of the photos that were posted at the time which is a shame as I seem to remember some interesting photos there
It's now a big house and soulless as you say.   That lounge doesn't seem to fit the ?2.5 million price tag

Helig:
It is totally out of keeping with the surrounding area. I knew the former Abbey Lodge and it was part of the same type of build as The Old Abbey. That monstrosity must dominate the area and overwhelm the remains of the old Gogarth Abbey. I am surprised they were allowed planning permission. Wouldn't the body that protects ancient monuments object?

Hugo:
Helig,   Llys Helig Drive has changed quite a bit over the last 10 years or so and old houses have been pulled down and replaced with ultra modern properties.
Money talks nowadays and properties are being built that don't fit in with the surroundings, take Anwyl's last plan for Penmorfa for instance
There is a restriction on land near the site of the old Bishop's Palace but I don't know if this building has or has not broken that restriction

Helig:
Thank you for that information, Hugo. I confess I haven't been along Llys Helig Drive for some years now. It is a shame that they have been messing about with the houses down there. They gave it a lovely appearance as they had such individual styles. It sounds similar to Sandbanks in Dorset where the old style bungalows built in the 1930s or thereabouts, have been pulled down and the over sized modern monstrosities erected in their place.

Has the bungalow where Mr and Mrs Gow lived survived? That was the first one after the Old Abbey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version