Members' Lounge > Hobbies and Interests

Art & Crafts

<< < (2/61) > >>

suepp:
these are lovely I really  like the lilac shawl, I can only do granny squares if someone starts me off! I'm currently knitting some Bunting triangles for a party, I've always got some  knitting on the go.

These skills seem to be undergoing a revival at the moment, there are some lovely patterns and yarns around

DaveR:
The zig zag cushions are great!

hollins:
I thought someone might like this crochet pattern for a crochet scarf. I have been making variations for xmas presents.
Below is the basic pattern for a long thin scarf 50 circles long.
The shawl at the back was made 20 circles wide and then repeated widthways.
The beige one has little crochet flowers sewn on at intervals afterwards.
The purple one is in a thicker aran weight yarn, very quick to make.
The red and green one is 7 rows of circles worked along the length of the scarf and then edged with a row across the ends.

Foundation row:
Ch6, 1Htr in 3rd ch from hook (ring made) (ch8, 1htr in 3rd ring from hook) 49 times, ch3. (50 rings).

Row 1: Miss 3ch, *work (4tr, ch1, 4tr) in next ring, miss 2ch, sl st in next ch, miss 2ch; repeat from * across to last ch, sl st in last ch, turn to work across opposite side of foundation row, miss 2ch, repeat from * across, join with sl st in last ch of foundation row. (50 circles).
Fasten off.

Foundation row: Work as for first strip.

Round 1: Miss 3ch, *work (4tr, ch1, 4tr) in next ring, miss 2ch, sl st in next ch, miss 2ch; repeat from * across to last ch, sl st in last ch, then turn to work across opposite side of foundation row, miss 2ch, * work (4tr, sl st in ch 1 space on corresponding circle of previously worked strip, 4tr) in next ring, miss 2ch, sl st in next ch, miss 2ch; repeat from * across to last ch, sl st in last ch of foundation row. (50 circles).
Fasten off.

Work as for second strip, joining each to the previously worked strip.
Continue until required width.

The 50 circles makes a scarf of a suitable length using a 4ply yarn.
The length can be adjusted easily, just make less circles with a thicker yarn.

hollins:
There is some crazy crochet in this article.
I don't think I have got it that bad!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/9324223/Crochet-Olek-artist-covers-objects-and-people-in-wool.html?frame=2245111

Ludo:
Interesting Hollins - thanks for this. I saw an article recently about Olek  - she had made crochet camo pattern suits for Antony Gormley's amazing metal figures on Crosby beach. I thought they looked fantastic - he loved them too!. He said they usually have suits of barnacles so it was a pleasant surprise to see them appear in such cool gear over night....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version