Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 308404 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2015, 11:50:12 am »
According to my OH's source of info there was a pump under the Clarence, but the contractors removed it ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2015, 08:33:52 pm »
Now here is a puzzle. Almost as it opened the Clarence put a temporary barrier slap in front of the front entrance. According to a contractor someone came out of the front door and had a bad fall down the steps. The barrier is still there because the powers that be can't agree how to solve the problem of the steps. A handrail seems the most sensible idea, but the barrier has been there since Easter, so I'm not expecting a rapid solution.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »
  What an unfortunate start to the rebuilt Clarence. And to think St Pauls Cathedral has had many, many similar steps and presumably no problems

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #318 on: April 22, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »
Staff at the new Travelodge obviously do not read our forum.  &shake&

I have a couple of observations to make about the new Travelodge after my recent visit.

Firstly, there is a trip hazard greeting guests when they walk out of the front door with a grey slate step about four foot from the front door.

Secondly, somebody has done a fantastic job with the paving slabs out on the pavement. It would be wonderful if the same people could return and do a similar job throughout Mostyn Street.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2015, 09:50:55 am »
Now here is a puzzle. Almost as it opened the Clarence put a temporary barrier slap in front of the front entrance. According to a contractor someone came out of the front door and had a bad fall down the steps. The barrier is still there because the powers that be can't agree how to solve the problem of the steps. A handrail seems the most sensible idea, but the barrier has been there since Easter, so I'm not expecting a rapid solution.
I'm surprised they were allowed to use that grey paving without high visibility strips on all the edges.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2015, 11:52:21 am »
Revamped Llandudno hotel now taking bookings ahead of June opening
Published date: 12 May 2015 | Published by: Dean Jones

A REVAMPED Llandudno hotel is now taking bookings.

Work on the former Regency Royal Hotel on East Parade is now in its final stages with a view to opening in late June.

Once open, the re-named Llandudno Bay Hotel will generate 100 full and part-time jobs for the area.

Chris Evans, general manager at Llandudno Bay Hotel said: “It is fantastic to see everything coming together.

“It’s very exciting to be bringing something new, chic and elegant to the Llandudno Promenade.

"We have exceptionally high hopes for the Llandudno Bay Hotel, and in the final weeks until we welcome our first guests, we are concentrating on getting everything tip-top.”

The redevelopment program has seen the building transformed into a 61-bedroom, boutique style hotel, with a 90 cover restaurant, bar and lounges with function space for over 150 people.

Furnishing the hotel will be the final stage of the process, with team training to be given following completion before the opening.

Mr Evans added that their recruitment drive had gone well but there are still some roles at the hotel that need to be filled before the opening.

Cllr Frank Bradfield, deputy mayor of Llandudno, said: “I have been watching this development with interest and it is fantastic news that there is continued investment in the town.

“The news owners seem to be enthusiastic about the project and it has progressed well over a relative short space of time, which is very pleasing.

“I feel this will be a wonderful addition to the town and the news that is set to contribute significantly to jobs in the area is extremely welcome.”

To make a reservation call 01492 874648 or visit www.llandudnobayhotel.com.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/147862/revamped-llandudno-hotel-now-taking-bookings-ahead-of-june-opening.aspx

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2015, 01:21:05 pm »

Yesterday a couple of rows of troughs with little trees in appeared where the barriers were  :o

Offline systema

« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »
When I went past a couple of days ago the Mayor was cutting a red ribbon surrounded by the staff. I was given a glass of fiz as I was passing.   ;)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »
What do you think is the problem with the Royal in Church Walks is,nice grounds ,pub attached,weddings

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:26 pm »
   In its previous existence, admittedly around six or seven years ago, it had one VERY big thing against it. Well --- not a thing, a person. Female. I don't suppose I had better go any further for fear of ending up in court for defamation or something. But she was a shocker

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:13 am »
What do you think is the problem with the Royal in Church Walks is,nice grounds ,pub attached,weddings
A great location, but the building is in a shocking state. Would need a phenomenal amount of money spending to get it up to a decent standard.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »
   In its previous existence, admittedly around six or seven years ago, it had one VERY big thing against it. Well --- not a thing, a person. Female. I don't suppose I had better go any further for fear of ending up in court for defamation or something. But she was a shocker

So were her dogs...................................!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2015, 07:13:53 pm »
So she was"ent joking when she said "I'll set the dogs on you"

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:38 am »
I heard that there will be no start on the Tudno Castle until more tennants are signed up,which of course makes sense,especially when you look at the empty units below the Travelodge,so they will keep on putting the start date back until then.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2015, 11:31:17 am »
Looks as though it will fall down before then !